- Nano-technology alliance of Supreme Pharmatech and Professor M.R.Mozafari, a global nano technology expert
- Enterprise 2020 K-1 Tax Packages Now Available
- Chevron Invests in Geothermal Development Company
HOUSTON, Jan. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Ascend Performance Materials' Acteev Protect™ antimicrobial odor-resisting fabric technology has been named a winner at the 2021 Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards. The awards recognize new and groundbreaking technologies used in winter apparel, outdoor and sports products and materials.
Acteev Protect was chosen out of a record number of submissions for its performance across four criteria – Spark, Desire, Function and Impact.
Nikki Huffman, principal business development leader for Acteev™, accepted the award at a virtual ceremony held during the Outdoor Retailer Winter Online tradeshow.
"We are honored to be in the company of so many talented innovators," Huffman said. "We envision an Acteev world with Ascend working together with other manufacturers and innovators to create products ranging from sheets and pillowcases to scrubs and hospital gowns, athleisure wear and socks, swimwear and intimate apparel."
Acteev technology embeds zinc ions in a polymer to create long-lasting antimicrobial properties. The result is a fabric that destroys odor-causing bacteria and fungi. Acteev yarns and fabrics are abrasion-resistant, soft and durable. And because the zinc ions are embedded during the polymerization process, knit and woven articles made with Acteev retain their antimicrobial efficacy for up to 50 washes.
More on Txylo.com
- Nadula Hair Super Member's Day-Unbelievable Lower Price
- Riveron Appoints Julie Howard As New Chief Executive Officer
- Stronger Women Announces New Executive Director
- Steel Curtain U Partners With Mainline to Create Div. II, NAIA-Focused, Collegiate Entity, Launch Esports™
- Houston: Mayor Turner Partners with Ismaili Council for Food and Water Distribution
Testing on knit fabric completed at the University of Cambridge demonstrated that Acteev technology deactivates SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, with 99.9% efficacy on contact. Ascend is working with governmental agencies to obtain appropriate regulatory clearances to make specific claims in the U.S.
Product availability can be found at acteev.com and @acteevbyascend on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
About Ascend Performance Materials
Ascend Performance Materials makes high-performance materials for everyday essentials and new technologies. Our focus is on improving quality of life and inspiring a better tomorrow through innovation. Based in Houston, Texas, and with regional offices in Shanghai, Brussels and Detroit, we are a fully integrated material solutions provider with eight global manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and China. Our 2,600-person global workforce makes the plastics, fabrics, fibers and chemicals used to make safer vehicles, cleaner energy, better medical devices, smarter appliances and longer-lasting apparel and consumer goods. We are committed to safety, sustainability and the success of our customers and our communities.
More on Txylo.com
- Vizient Announces Continuing Education Credits in Supplier Diversity
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of PEP Travel Group and Waldron McCritty, CEO of BE LUX, Alumni of ASCEND 2020, form teaming alliance to promote Luxury Hospitality
- Tyler Technologies, Inc. Prices Offering of $525 Million Convertible Senior Notes due 2026
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Calls for More Small Business Representation on Ready to Work Advisory Board
- Tech Majors Zixi, Tata Communications, And VIVE Network To Bring The Biggest Women's Professional Boxing Pay Per View, Globally
Find out more about Ascend at www.ascendmaterials.com.
About Acteev: acteev.com
Contact: Nicki Britton, +1 832-205-4854, [email protected]
SOURCE Ascend Performance Materials
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- SureCloud to Support Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island with Governance, Risk and Compliance Solution
- Dallas Firm Hosts First Annual Rookie Symposium & Showcase
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case
- I Am Phreshy Brand & Jmulan Agency Presents Hope For Houston Winter Storm Relief
- Liquid Core® Gum Company announces TDA Boulder Creative Director Jonathan Schoenberg has joined its Advisory Board
- myLAB Box Launches 16 New At-Home Tests, Offering Comprehensive Health Monitoring from the Comfort of Home
- Zilker Partners Acquires Growth Digital, Forming One-of-a-Kind Firm
- Cinemark USA, Inc. Announces Launch of $405 Million Senior Notes
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- San Antonio: District 3 attends groundbreaking of another first at Brooks
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Dallas company provides AV integration, structured cabling to developers in DFW
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- San Antonio: Select Committee on the 2021 Winter Storm Preparedness and Response to host first meeting this Friday, March 5, 2021
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces USDA Disaster Designation For 23 Counties
- Epsilyte Moving Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) Prices up to Keep Pace With Escalating Costs
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO