Basketball Star Danilo Gallinari Shaves Head for St. Baldrick's Foundation and Makes Generous Gift to Support Childhood Cancer Research
- Governor Abbott Appoints Landi To Texas Emergency Services Retirement System Board Of Trustees
- MyyShop Makes Waves at SXSW with Social Commerce Empowerment Plans for Content Creators
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
Gallinari was recently announced as a St. Baldrick's Champion and has dedicated time to meeting St. Baldrick's Honored Kids, children who are fighting or have fought cancer, and fundraising towards the cause. He recently live streamed his head being shaved in solidarity with kids with cancer and asked people to donate towards St. Baldrick's mission to Conquer Kids' Cancer.
Kathleen Ruddy, CEO of St. Baldrick's Foundation expressed her appreciation for Gallinari's commitment: "Thanks to Danilo and the National Basketball Players Association Foundation which matched his contribution, this project will help fight the most prevalent childhood cancer in Africa – a disease that claims the lives of most children diagnosed there," said Ruddy. "We applaud Danilo Gallinari's commitment. The potential number of children who will be helped is staggering, and we'll look forward to the progress Dr. Allen and his team will make and the hope they will build for future children."
More on Txylo.com
- SkillGigs, Inc. Announces Hire of Rasha Sammour as Human Resources Director
- Love & Drugs 3 Releases Globally
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CourMed Founder/CEO Derrick L. Miles Featured in CNBC Viral Article on Private Aviation
- 10-4Gear.com Launches New Collection of US Border Patrol and Police Coins
Children with Burkitt lymphoma (BL) in the United States have over 95% survival rate, but over 80% of children with BL in sub-Saharan Africa do not survive due to lack of access to treatments or cures for this type of cancer. Dr. Allen and his co-investigators, Dr. Nader El-Mallawany and Dr. Nmazuo Ozuah, will specifically focus their research on the nature of lymphoid tissues out of which cancer cells grow in order to identify factors leading to Burkitt lymphoma so that they can create opportunities to prevent and treat it in sub-Saharan Africa.
The generous donation by Boston Celtics Forward Danilo Gallinari and The National Basketball Players Association Foundation has been met with great appreciation from St Baldrick's Foundation as it is hoped that this funding will help bring new treatments and cures for childhood cancer not only here in America but also abroad in sub-Saharan Africa where access to treatments is limited or non existent for many children suffering from Burkitt Lymphoma
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- Supreme Rejuvenation: The Safest and Most Potent Provider of Human Umbilical Cord Exosomes
- CEO: Tech firms face high stakes in remote work "debate"
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Apé Canada For Supply Of Piaggio Apé's
- Colliers welcomes Patsy Fretwell as Research Director in Houston
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Newsmax, DIRECTV Agreement
- Aldous\Walker's Caleb Miller Named to List of Texas Rising Stars for 2023
- Governor Abbott Appoints Six To Texas School Safety Center Board
- Texas: Governor Abbott Promotes Expanded School Choice In Cypress
- o9 Solutions Recognizes Samsung SDS In Its Inaugural Partner Awards Program
- Drilling Tools International to Host Virtual Analyst & Investor Day On April 18, 2023
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- Art supply company announces BOGO special on custom size canvases
- Bayou Graphics Offers Vehicle & Fleet Graphic Designing & Installation Services
- CEO Says Green Economy Must Meet High Expectations For Jobs
- Invader Coffee Launches their Mexican Chocolate Brew for Lovers of Organic Coffee
- Governor Abbott Appoints Alvis, Meade To Texas Transportation Commission
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Bolduc As Public Counsel For The Office Of Public Insurance Counsel
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Mach To Public Safety Commission
- EvereTech CEO discussed the importance of people on Episode #96 on the DoD Contract Academy Podcast