Bertolli and Carapelli Launch Initiatives to Transform Sustainability of the Olive Oil Category Worldwide
- Score Shot Back to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Generational Capital Markets Advises Youngblood Automation in its Sale to H&P Technologies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony In Georgetown
The new SKUs will include sustainably sourced versions of Bertolli and Carapelli extra virgin olive oils — "Bertolli Sustainably Sourced" and "Carapelli Original Sustainable" respectively. Deoleo is also introducing a new QR code technology in partnership with IBM that provides consumers additional layers of process traceability in the journey of "Carapelli 100% ITALIAN" from tree to table.
Thierry Moyroud, CEO of Deoleo North America, said: "As the world's largest olive oil company, we have a responsibility to our heritage, our industry and most importantly, our consumers to deliver sustainability. We will continue to drive toward this goal through a holistic approach that addresses every step of the process. The sustainability conversation is multifaceted, and while these new SKUs are significant, they represent a small part of our global vision."
At the heart of Deoleo's sustainability strategy are four areas of action materialized through its brands and under the theme of "Caring for What Cares for You": sustainable production; recycled plastic bottles; transparency and traceability; and greener factories.
More on Txylo.com
- Independent Film Inspired by 2020 Social Justice Movement Launches on Amazon Prime
- ZINFI Technologies Showcases Industry-Leading Channel Management Automation Platform at Forrester's B2B Summit North America in Austin, June 5-7
- Expro Wins Well Intervention and Integrity Contract for Major Project in Uganda
- San Antonio: Enjoy fun events this June and July Downtown
- San Antonio: District 5 Councilmember Reacts to Violent Crime Reduction Plan Update
In 2018, in collaboration with Intertek, a leading total quality assurance provider, Deoleo established the industry's first-ever Sustainability Protocol for extra virgin olive oil products. To date, 70 olive oil mills and nearly 680,000 acres of olive groves across Italy, Spain, Tunisia and Argentina have received certification.
Deoleo is also transitioning to 100 percent recycled plastic (rPET). In 2022, Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil became the first global brand to launch olive oil packaged in 100% rPET in the U.S., with plans to reduce plastic consumption by up to 10 percent each year globally.
The company is also reinforcing its commitment to transparency by empowering consumers with knowledge through IBM Food Trust technology which enables them to trace their product's journey from tree to table.
In addition, Deoleo continues to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through various measures such as investments in energy-efficient technologies as well as energy consumption audits and viability studies. PreZero has already deemed Deoleo's Tavernelle and Alcolea plants "Zero waste plants'' with plans for photovoltaic panels at Alcolea plant by 2023.
Moyroud concluded: "Our framework is built upon the value that action speaks volumes. To that end, we will remain laser focused on delivering tangible innovation and initiatives that don't solely respond to market trends but rather transform sustainability of the entire olive oil category worldwide."
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- Start Your Own Business and Improve Your Credit
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Comprehensive PR Strategies Resource Site
- FreeBeer, The World's First Free Beer Company, Launches an Ad-supported Brew
- Clarity Payment Hub Ootb Support For Microsoft Dynamics Gp
- American Momentum Bank's $25,000 sponsorship supports transitional living center for young adults
- Texas: Governor Abbott Vows To Cut Property Taxes At TPPF Fireside Chat
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Departure Of PUC Chairman Lake
- Major Legislative Achievements Boost Texas' Historic Border Mission
- HOUSTON NAMED A 2023 TOP 10 BEST CITY IN AMERICA
- Governor Abbott Deploys State Flood Resources To Northwest Texas
- Ennis, Inc. Acquires UMC Print
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- A Quarter of Campers Work From the Campsite, says 2023 Camping Report
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- TransTech Energy Acquires Metalforms Ltd.
- Governor Abbott Appoints University Student Regents, Representative To Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Hephaestus Global Launches Comprehensive Free Resource for Investors
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Fresh Publication Feel, Daily Content, and Comprehensive PR Resources
- Timothy M. David Announces the Release of The Imposed Path
- Eva Tillman Announces the Release of Dear Mom - a memoir