Charla Aldous Wins 'Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar' Designation
- Score Shot Back to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Texas: Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony In Georgetown
- Generational Capital Markets Advises Youngblood Automation in its Sale to H&P Technologies
DALLAS, May 16, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- American Lawyer Media, publishers of Law.com and The National Law Journal, have named Dallas trial lawyer Charla Aldous among the winners of its "Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar" honor. The designation comes as part of ALM's 2023 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards process.
In addition, ALM named the firm a finalist in the Civil Rights category, based on its pro bono representation of Dr. Ximena Lopez. When her clinic for transgender teens was closed, Ms. Aldous, law partner Brent Walker and their co-counsel Stephen Malouf secured a court order that allows Dr. Lopez to continue treating patients, including new ones.
"Well, this is both a tremendous honor and a very nice surprise," Ms. Aldous said. "There are so many outstanding women who are doing great things in this profession, and to be included in a group along with them is wonderful."
More on Txylo.com
- Independent Film Inspired by 2020 Social Justice Movement Launches on Amazon Prime
- ZINFI Technologies Showcases Industry-Leading Channel Management Automation Platform at Forrester's B2B Summit North America in Austin, June 5-7
- Expro Wins Well Intervention and Integrity Contract for Major Project in Uganda
- San Antonio: Enjoy fun events this June and July Downtown
- San Antonio: District 5 Councilmember Reacts to Violent Crime Reduction Plan Update
Reporters and editors from both Law.com and The National Law Journal select the Elite Trial Lawyers Awards based on submissions from the firms and input from an external panel of judges. The awards recognize outstanding plaintiff work in bench and jury trials. To be eligible for consideration, firms need to have "an impressive track record of wins over the last three to five years," including one in the previous year.
In the case of Aldous\Walker, the firm won a $21 million jury verdict last year on behalf of a young man left in a vegetative state after botched surgery for a broken leg.
"This kind of recognition is very special because it recognizes this firm pretty much across all the different kinds of legal work we do," Mr. Walker said. "It begins with Charla, who is one of the best – if not the best – trial lawyer in the country. And it extends to our pro bono work and court wins."
ALM plans to announce winners in the Civil Rights and other remaining Elite Trial Lawyers Awards categories during an awards dinner and event at The St. Regis New York July 13.
The Aldous\Walker LLP law firm represents clients in civil litigation and specializes in high-profile, high-stakes cases. Learn more about the firm at http://www.aldouslaw.com.
SOURCE Aldous Walker LLP
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- Start Your Own Business and Improve Your Credit
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Comprehensive PR Strategies Resource Site
- FreeBeer, The World's First Free Beer Company, Launches an Ad-supported Brew
- Clarity Payment Hub Ootb Support For Microsoft Dynamics Gp
- American Momentum Bank's $25,000 sponsorship supports transitional living center for young adults
- Texas: Governor Abbott Vows To Cut Property Taxes At TPPF Fireside Chat
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Departure Of PUC Chairman Lake
- Major Legislative Achievements Boost Texas' Historic Border Mission
- HOUSTON NAMED A 2023 TOP 10 BEST CITY IN AMERICA
- Governor Abbott Deploys State Flood Resources To Northwest Texas
- Ennis, Inc. Acquires UMC Print
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- A Quarter of Campers Work From the Campsite, says 2023 Camping Report
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- TransTech Energy Acquires Metalforms Ltd.
- Governor Abbott Appoints University Student Regents, Representative To Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Hephaestus Global Launches Comprehensive Free Resource for Investors
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Fresh Publication Feel, Daily Content, and Comprehensive PR Resources
- Timothy M. David Announces the Release of The Imposed Path
- Eva Tillman Announces the Release of Dear Mom - a memoir