SAN ANTONIO (Feb. 14, 2020) – The City of San Antonio is mourning the loss of Sergeant First Class Javier J. Gutierrez who was killed in action during combat operations in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan on Feb. 8, 2020. In honor of Sergeant First Class Gutierrez, Mayor Ron Nirenberg has ordered that flags in San Antonio to be flown at half-staff through his internment. Additionally, a moment of silence was held during the Feb. 13 City Council meeting.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHS Announce Federal Approval Of Emergency SNAP Benefits
- Helix Urgent Care providing back-to-work physicals for essential employees during COVID-19 crisis
- DIVERSITY in Ed Supports Teachers and Schools with Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair on April 15, 2020
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Military Department, Prestige Ameritech Partnership To Increase Mask Production
- Generis Knowledge Management Join Gens and Associates Premier Benchmark Membership Program
"While we mourn for the loss of any American military member, Military City, USA honors and remembers the life and service of one of its own, Sergeant First Class Gutierrez," said Maj. Gen. Juan Ayala, USMC (Ret.), City of San Antonio Office of Military and Veteran Affairs Director.
Sergeant First Class Gutierrez graduated from Burbank High School in 2009 where he was a member of the ROTC program. Gutierrez enlisted in the Army in after graduating from high school. A battle-tested veteran, he had also served in combat in Iraq.
The City also extends its deepest condolences to the soldier's family and the members of the 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), where Sergeant First Class Gutierrez was assigned.
Latest on Txylo.com
- McGuire Group Facilities Donating N95 Respirator Masks to First Responders
- Ravish Zahid- Thomas, Mrs. Pakistan World 2020
- Governor Abbott Prepares State Resources As Severe Weather Approaches Texas
- Announcing the Spring 2020 Opening of TOKYO mizumachi and SUMIDA RIVER WALK Footbridge, Connecting Tokyo SKYTREE® to Asakusa area sites
- Texas: Governor Abbott Waives Certain Pharmacy Regulations To Increase Workforce Capabilities
- Pvilion Awarded Air Force SBIR Phase II Program For Rapidly Deployable, Solar Powered Structures
- Helping aspiring authors turn coronavirus self-isolation into opportunity
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Calling All School-Aged Kids Park Central Senior Adult Community Needs Your Help
- San Antonio: Social distancing doesn't mean safety distancing
- Ideanomics' Announces Pilot Program to Monetize EV Energy Sales
- FarmHouse Fresh® Reveals Ranch Cams
- Bexar County and City of San Antonio Parks to close Easter weekend due to COVID-19
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Emergency Rule To Allow Off-Site Outpatient ESRD Facilities
- Higher Digital Appoints New Advisory Board Members as Colleges and Universities Seek Guidance to Adapt to Online Teaching and Learning
- Chicago Tech Startup Launches New "House Painting In Place" Technology In Wake Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Temporary Closure Of State Parks And Historic Sites
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Abintegro redefines how employers recruit early talent
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency