- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- The 4A's You Need to Have for a Successful Marriage
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Grand Prairie Designated As Music Friendly Community
September 9, 2021 -- The City of Houston is sending five trucks loaded with food, water, and additional relief supplies to help people in Louisiana rebuild from the destruction caused by Hurricane Ida.
Individuals, businesses, faith leaders, and organizations generously donated relief supplies during Thursday's Houston Paying it Forward with Love donation drive organized by the Office of Mayor Sylvester Turner.
Through a partnership with Kroger and A-Rocket Moving and Storage, drivers will begin transporting items to two warehouses in New Orleans for distribution to residents who need assistance. The deliveries will start on Friday, Sept. 10, and continue on Monday and Tuesday next week.
"I thank everyone for the outpouring of generosity. It helped to make the food and supply drive a success," Mayor Sylvester Turner said. "The City of Houston knows firsthand that recovery from a major disaster can take years. We are doing our part to help our neighbors face the challenges of clearing debris, repairing homes, and having food, clean water, and other supplies to sustain them through the recovery."
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran's statement on passage of first budget amid the Covid-19 pandemic
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Begrudgingly Approves FY 2022 Budget
- Councilman Courage and Council Approve San Antonio 2022 Budget; Substantial District 9 Projects Funded
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval's Remarks on FY 2022 City Budget
- San Antonio: District 8 Councilman Praises FY 2022 Budget, including Investments in Resiliency and Public Safety
"The response was bigger than we expected, and we are very grateful to the faith leaders, City employees, and others who donated to help the people of Louisiana," said Mayor's Office of Community Relations Director Janice Weaver.
In addition, our partners with AIEn USA will deliver five 18 Wheelers from New Mexico that are loaded with cleaning wipes.
The City would like to thank the following businesses, faith leaders, and individuals for supporting the event.
- A-Rocket Moving & Storage – Trucks and transportation
- Kroger – trucks full of non-perishable food and cleaning supplies
- Starlight Missionary Baptist Church - nonperishable food (12 boxes)
- HCA Houston Healthcare – 3-4 pallets of hand sanitizer (1 gal units)
- AlEn U.S.A. - 5 trucks of cleaning supplies
- Community of Faith Church – 2 truckloads of water
- The Word Church, Pastor Jamail Johnson - $500
- Council Members Abbie Kamin, David Robinson and Sallie Alcorn
- State Rep. Ann Johnson
- Fort Bend Church – nonperishable food
- City of Houston Faith Leaders – 2500 cases of water
- God's Grace Community Church – non-perishable food and water
- Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church – water
- Mayor's Office of Special Events, Houston Public Works, Houston Parks and Recreation Department, Department of Neighborhoods, City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department, Houston Fire Department and the Houston Police Department
Latest on Txylo.com
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Aviat Introduces High Availability Routing Software
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Improving Appoints Kathy Henely as New Board Member
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Heart to Heart Hospice Receives Medalogix Muse Trailblazer Award for Adopting Machine Learning Technology
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- ACU continues to lead Texas universities in U.S. News student success categories
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Hurricane Nicholas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Beaumont Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Corpus Christi Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Houston Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts