Laura Mayes, City of San Antonio (210) 207-1337
Michelle Vigil, City of San Antonio (210) 207-8172
For questions from the general public, please contact:
COVID-19 Hotline (210) 207-5779
SAN ANTONIO (July 31, 2020) – Metro Health and San Antonio Fire Department's Mobile Integrated Health Program (MIH) continue to bring free and accessible COVID-19 testing to the community. Three locations are now available for the entire month of August. The hours of the walk-up test sites are Monday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and for the Freeman Coliseum Monday- Sunday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Walk-Up Locations – No Appointment Required
Cuellar Community Center
5626 San Fernando St.
San Antonio, TX 78237
Ramirez Community Center
1011 Gillette Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78219
Freeman Coliseum - Must schedule an appointment at 833-213-0643
3201 E. Houston St.
San Antonio, TX 78219
As a reminder to the public, after being tested for COVID-19, it is important to:
- Assume you are positive until you get your test results back. Stay at home in a room away from other people and use a separate bathroom if you can. Isolate yourself from others, including not going to work until results are received. If you are facing hardships to finding a safe place to isolate from vulnerable people in your household, contact 311. Identify close contacts. A close contact is anyone you spent 15 minutes or more with and were within six-feet distance. If you test positive, call people or places that you had close contact with. Let them know that they were exposed and that they should quarantine for 14 days. To identify a close contact, work backwards until two days before you showed symptoms. Monitor symptoms at least twice a day. If you have a prolonged fever, difficulty breathing or chest pains, call your medical provider or 911 if there is an emergency. Wash your mask daily and be sure to only touch the ties/ear loops as the inside and outside may be contaminated.
More on Txylo.com
- Undrafted Free Agent LaShaun Sanders is Navigating this Covid Era with Positivity
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Brock To Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome Advisory Council
- Governor Abbott Names Chair And Appoints Four To Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners
- Careington CIO Rashmi Jain to Speak at CXO Spotlight Event
- Mid-Year 2020 | Houston Healthcare | Market Report
If a person tests positive for COVID-19:
- Metro Health will call you and begin your case investigation. The call will read "SA Health Dept" on your caller ID. Please answer the call or return the call to help public health workers contain the virus.
- They may ask additional questions to complete the contact tracing process and the information that is shared is 100% confidential.
- They will never ask your bank account number or social security number Call your close contacts to notify them of the exposure and make them aware of appropriate quarantine measures. Stay home and away from others.
How do you know if you've recovered?
A person is considered fully recovered if 10 days have passed after symptoms appeared and if there has not been a fever for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medications.
How do I get a COVID-19 test?
To view testing location options, visit the COVID-19 Portal. It is encouraged to make an appointment at most locations. For general information about COVID-19, call the COVID-19 hotline for more information at 311 or210-207-5779.
To view all test locations, visit the Metro Health COVID-19 website. All upcoming locations will be posted to this website as they are scheduled. Residents can also call 311 to request more information about testing.
In addition, the City of San Antonio has an online self-screening tool that can be found at covid.19test.quacito.com. This tool does not replace medical care if a person is feeling ill. A healthcare provider should be visited if symptoms worsen or if underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, lung disease, or heart disease is a factor in the person's medical history.
More on Txylo.com
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- WE Silver Jewels Now Offering Over 20K Silver Jewelry Designs on Its Online Wholesale Store
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Texas Industrialized Building Code Council
FOUR WAYS TO SIGN UP FOR COVID-19 ALERTS
- Download the Ready South Texas app, available in the iTunes and Google Play stores Text COSAGOV to 55000 to receive SMS text message updates Follow @COSAGOV on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Bookmark covid19.sanantonio.gov
Public service announcements on social distancing, prevention and testing are available here.
Latest on Txylo.com
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- Governor Abbott Announces White House Title 32 Extension Of Texas National Guard COVID-19 Mission
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- PSXDigital's Trade Appraisal and Market Pricing Tools Empower Powersports Sales Teams
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements For Hurricane Hanna Disaster Counties
- Kimberly-Clark Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Dallas Author, Speaker, and Founder of TractionFirst releases a new book providing bosses a way to help their employees earn more
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Founder of Dallas-based TractionFirst releases a new book designed to give entrepreneurs a boost of courage in today's economy
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?