Spanish media: Carlos Valenzuela, 210-207-3919
SAN ANTONIO (June 29, 2020) – Today, the City of San Antonio sent a cease and desist letter to James Alfaro, owner of Alamo Sign Solutions, asking him to cease seeking volunteers for a volunteer civilian patrol. The flyer purports to seek volunteers for the San Antonio Police Department. Alfaro's actions are unnecessary and unauthorized by San Antonio City Manager Erik Walsh and San Antonio Police Chief McManus.
More on Txylo.com
- Gghtx, Co-founder Avi Kerendian Receives $5,000 Grant For Global Health Education
- San Antonio: Public Hearing for the Proposed Naming of Columbus Park to Piazza Italia Park
- Texas: Governor Abbott, Omnicare Announce COVID-19 Testing For Patients, Staff At Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes
- Texas: Governor Abbott Extends Statewide COVID-19 Disaster Declaration
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Renews Hurricane Harvey Disaster Declaration
"During a time when our residents are speaking up for changes in policing, flyers like these only seek to stoke controversy," said City Manager Erik Walsh. "We do not endorse these actions and I hope this individual will finally cease these harmful actions."
The letter informs Alfaro that continued unauthorized claims purporting to be assisting the San Antonio Police Department may result in the City seeking legal action against him.
"This poster has no affiliation whatsoever with the City of San Antonio nor the men and women who wear the San Antonio Police uniform. We once again ask that he remove any reference to SAPD from his materials," said San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.
A copy of the cease and desist letter is attached.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Expanding Hospital Capacity In 11 Trauma Service Areas
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Rushworks Releases Residential Prompter Kit
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Designation For The City Of Azle
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Flores To Stephen F. Austin State University Board Of Regents
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Doeren Mayhew Ranked 16th-Largest Houston Accounting Firm
- Techvera Rated as a Top Local IT Company and Joins the Exclusive TechStak Network for SMBs
- San Antonio: Should you get a COVID-19 Test? Metro Health Shares Guidance for the Public
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- New Survey: COVID-19 Has Made Patients Warm Up to Telehealth, Report Positive Experience
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Governor Abbott Allocates Emergency Education Relief Funding For Texas Higher Education
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- East Austin School Takes Action to Meet Student, Teacher, and Family Needs During COVID-19
- Digisonics Takes Action to Support Healthcare Needs During COVID-19
- Personiv Releases White Paper on Finance & Accounting Outsourcing Strategies for the Modern Remote Workplace