- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Increases Readiness Level of State Operations Center In Response To Tropical Storm Nicholas
SAN ANTONIO (July 15, 2021) — San Antonio's COVID-19 Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP) is the top ranked program in Texas based on evaluation analysis of the performance of local Emergency Rental Assistance programs across Texas in a report released this week by Texas Housers.
The Evaluating the Effectiveness of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program in Texas report ranks San Antonio as the top program in the state based on three areas the group considers central to the success of Emergency Assistance Rental Programs. The three areas evaluated include (1) rate of disbursal, (2) prioritization of households in greatest financial need and (3) aid to Black and Latinx households. San Antonio's program was ranked number 1 for rate of disbursal and number 2 for aid to black and Hispanic/Latino households. Data was requested from 36 local jurisdictions.
"This ranking is a welcome recognition of the hard work by City Council, staff, and the Housing Commission to ensure that our residents received much-needed help," said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. "Through each phase of our $189.7 million program, our team tirelessly streamlined and fine-tuned our program to meet San Antonians' needs."
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
Nirenberg added, "The success of our program is also a result of the strong foundation on which it was built on – the $1 million Risk Mitigation Program created in 2018 based on the recommendations from the Mayor's Housing Policy Task Force final report."
Jurisdictions were ranked based on how their programs performed in the first three to four months of operation utilizing the federal Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury. San Antonio received its allocation in January 2021. The San Antonio program continues to assist families with housing and utility assistance.
"This recognition of how efficient and effective our housing assistance program is lines up with the quality of services the City of San Antonio consistently provides our citizens," said City Manager Erik Walsh. "It's great to be recognized for the quality of our program delivery especially for a pandemic crisis response program which shows the culture of efficiency we have fostered throughout the organization. We are very fortunate to have such an engaging and committed Neighborhood & Housing Services Department. Their team's hard work and dedication to our community was key to help many families that were in tough situations due to the pandemic."
Since it was launched in response to the pandemic in April 2020, the program has provided over 42,000 families and individuals with over $123 Million in assistance. Funding is still available. Applications can be found and submitted on-line at the City's website and assistance to fill out the application can be provided by calling 210-207-5910.
More on Txylo.com
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Madisonville Jane Doe-5 year Recovery Anniversary
- 07:01 ET NadaMoo! Brings Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream to your Seasonal Dessert Rotation
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- SilverPoint Senior Living Named in the Top 20 of 2021 Best Workplaces in Aging Services by Great Place to Work and Fortune
"I am so proud of the team delivering this critical service to our neighbors and delighted to see our team's hard work recognized by a state-wide housing advocacy agency," said Verónica R. Soto, Director of the Neighborhood and Housing Services Department.
Texas Low Income Housing Information Service, or Texas Housers, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation supporting low-income Texans' efforts to achieve the American dream of a decent, affordable home in a quality neighborhood. This mission is carried out by providing information to promote public understanding and support about low-income housing and community programs and organizing and empowering low-income people and communities to solve their housing and community development problems.
As the Center of Disease Control (CDC) eviction moratorium expires at the end of the month, Soto reminds San Antonians that assistance is still available. Qualified applicants can receive up to nine months of housing and utility assistance.
To learn more about the report visit: https://texashousers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/ERAP-Report-7-13.pdf
To apply for emergency housing assistance visit: https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/Services/Rent-and-Mortgage-Help-Housing
Contact person at Texas Housers:
Erin Hahn, Research Analyst
Latest on Txylo.com
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Improving Appoints Kathy Henely as New Board Member
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Heart to Heart Hospice Receives Medalogix Muse Trailblazer Award for Adopting Machine Learning Technology
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- ACU continues to lead Texas universities in U.S. News student success categories
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Hurricane Nicholas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Beaumont Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Corpus Christi Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Houston Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Victoria Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas MDL Sought for Splashtown Chemical Leak Cases