- Pickering Energy Partners Acted as Co-Manager to Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
- Colliers finalizes sale of office property in Houston, Texas
- Tiffany Jo Baker Featured Nationwide
SAN ANTONIO (September 21, 2022) — On August 31, 2022, the City of San Antonio released a Request for Proposals (RFP) seeking market-based solutions to deploy solar across up to 80 city-owned facilities. The City seeks to demonstrate local leadership by leveraging its own buildings and parking lots to install cost-effective clean energy projects throughout the city.
The City does not expect this RFP to necessarily yield responses for all the sites offered: "Our goal is to offer significant flexibility to the private sector to respond with their most cost-effective portfolio of city-owned sites," said Doug Melnick, City of San Antonio Chief Sustainability Officer. "These are no-regrets sites that we think can help us achieve our climate action objective of reducing building-related greenhouse gas emissions."
The City is in a unique regional position to be able to contribute to the local solar market and leverage its long list of assets. The 80 city-owned sites were vetted for technical feasibility and likely cost-effectiveness by a cross-departmental team led by the Office of Sustainability with support from the American Cities Climate Challenge.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Over $2.2 Million In Career Training Grants To Tarrant County Schools
- Governor Abbott Announces Historic $240 Million For Texas Seaports
- Introducing the Jokari Pizza Edge
- Senderra Specialty Pharmacy Expands Production Capabilities Opening a New State-of-The-Art Distribution Facility
- Arduino Hardware Now Driving Commercial Innovation in More Than 30,000 Businesses
"Our hope is that this is a win-win opportunity: as we host new solar energy to make progress on our Climate Action & Adaptation Plan (CAAP) goals and our community further demonstrates its leadership in clean energy," added David McCary, Assistant City Manager.
Through this RFP, the City seeks qualified solar developers to develop a large portfolio of local, City-owned sites, considering both rooftops and parking facilities. The RFP and supporting documentation can be found online here. Interested respondents to this RFP will have 60 days to review the City's materials, tour specific sites, and propose their best offers. As this process moves forward, the City will work with CPS Energy, City Council, and its technical partners to evaluate proposals.
San Antonio is one of many cities deploying local solar projects to support its climate and energy strategy. US local governments purchased more renewable energy in 2021 than ever before, according to the latest data from the Local Government Renewables Action Tracker. Pursuing larger deals, like what San Antonio is solicitating today, helps cities achieve their climate goals more efficiently.
Latest on Txylo.com
- 2023 Dr. Richard Tozer Innovation & Leadership Honoree
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $2.5 Million In Career Training Grants To West Central Texas Schools
- SPI Advisory Acquires 154-Unit New Braunfels Apartments
- With Acceleration Capital from CAZ Investments, TXV Partners Launches "Evolution" Fund & Transforms Into a Top U.S. Minority Sports Investment Firm
- HILCO REAL ESTATE ANNOUNCES THE SALE OF TWO EXCEPTIONAL MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT SITES IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Colliers facilitates purchase of Clear Water Express Car Wash property in Magnolia
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- Sabor a Shalom: Fusion Cuisine
- IMC INVESTS IN LIGHTWEIGHT TRUCKS TO EXPAND GULF HEAVY-HAUL SERVICES
- Seven Seas Water Group Breaks Ground on Historic Water Partnership with City of Alice, Texas
- Dalfen Industrial and Centerbridge Continue Coastal Industrial Outdoor Storage ("IOS") Strategy
- Cleveland Broadband Selects Axiros' AXESS 5 ACS Software for Advanced Gigabit Internet Service
- Expro Provides Update on Vessel-Deployed Lightwell Intervention Business
- Easter Seals Greater Houston is Serving the Whole Veteran
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $3.8 Million In Grants To South Texas Veteran Service Organizations
- Western Midstream Partners, LP Announces Pricing of Notes Offering
- Texas: Governor Abbott Spotlights National Border Crisis At Manhattan Institute
- Green Office Partner Ranks on the Inc. 5000 Annual List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America
- NTSO Founder, Conductor Wins 2023 American Prize in Conducting
- Tania Ortiz Mena Appointed President of Sempra Infrastructure