- Grav Launches Revolutionary New Product, Glass Joints
- City of Houston Issues Request for Qualifications for New Mural at the Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center
- San Antonio: November 27 – December 4 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
SAN ANTONIO (October 15, 2021) —
At a Glance:
- Tempugo, the 2021 CivTechSA Residency company, will present its solution to the civic challenge related to communication during construction next Wednesday, October 20 at the Dry Goods Building at 107 N. Flores.
- The company has been working alongside the City of San Antonio's Public Works Department during the 12-week Residency program to develop a solution.
- CivTechSA Demo Day will be a part of the greater San Antonio Startup Week that is now in session through Friday, October 22.
CivTechSA has announced its upcoming Residency Demo Day for this year's Residency company, Tempugo. The CivTechSA Residency program will culminate with a special presentation during San Antonio Startup Week on Wednesday, October 20, from 3:45-4:45 p.m. at the Dry Goods Building (107 N. Flores, 78205). There will be a happy hour and celebration immediately following, from 5-6 p.m.
More on Txylo.com
- Expro Wins Over $50 Million in Subsea Well Contracts for Asia/Australia
- Leeward Renewable Energy Operations Announces the Posting of Q3 2021 Financial Results and December 7 Investor Call
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Certifying Seven Constitutional Amendments
- Flotek Announces Participation in Noble Capital Markets Virtual Road Show Series
- Flowserve Chief Executive Officer Scott Rowe to Present at the 9th Annual Credit Suisse Industrial Conference
During the Demo Day, the team from Tempugo will answer the question: How can businesses communicate vital information to customers during periods of construction so customers know that they are open, and can navigate any physical barriers? They have been working to solve this civic challenge during the 12-week Residency program, alongside the City of San Antonio Public Works Department.
"Over the past four years, the companies who have participated in our CivTechSA Residency program have created profound tech solutions for challenges that the City faces that affect so many of our residents," said Eddie Johnson III, the City of San Antonio's Department of Innovation Performance & Management Specialist. "These solutions are so important, because they will have long-term impact on our City and its opportunities, improvements, and growth."
Specifically, the challenge Tempugo created a solution for is the following: Construction, routine maintenance, and utility emergencies can negatively affect businesses due to road closures, barricades, and a disruption to their accessibility. Customers often do not know about these instances before venturing out to the businesses, and often do not have the necessary information to navigate a business that is still open and accessible even when it appears to not be. This can lead to major loss in revenue, and long-term customer gains that affect businesses beyond the time of the obstruction.
More on Txylo.com
- Serena Laurel's 'GOLD' Director Allisyn Snyder Glitters Garnering Best Fashion Film at Premiere Ahead of Release
- Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Selects Two Houston Artists to Commission Photography and Sculpture Artwork for New Sunnyside Health and Multi-Service Center
- Top ESG Performers Recognized at Energy ESG Conference
- Valiant Residential Ranked on Dallas Morning News' Top 100 Places to Work 2021 List
- Pabst Brewing Company Names Paul Chibe as CEO
"With a focus on designing, developing and deploying multi-disciplinary, social-innovation-action research and purpose-driven ventures, we knew that Tempugo would be a perfect fit to develop a solution for this communication barrier," said Leslie Chasnoff, Geekdom Programs Director. "Their use of technology on a variety of their past projects has proven to make a positive impact for other civic entities, so we are confident this solution will show promise to do the same in San Antonio."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Expert Sports Handicapper, Wunderdog, Launches Sports Betting Advice Video Series
- Hummingbird Bioscience Appoints Jan Møller Mikkelsen as Chairman of the Board
- Navigator and OCI Sign Agreement for Provision of CO2 Transportation and Storage Services through Heartland Greenway
- Realtor Sells Houses for More with Unique Target Marketing program
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
- Breaking The Chains Foundation x Jillian Rose Reed How To Love Yourselfie Holiday Stocking Stuffers
- Sell Your Boynton Beach House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. to Participate in the 2021 Bank of America Leveraged Finance Conference
- Chance to Win $500 and Amazing Black Friday Car Deals in Burlington at Car Nation Canada!
- Valero Energy Corporation Announces Expiration and Results of Any and All Tender Offer
- Grief Counselor Dr. Linda Shanti McCabe Offers Readers Beautiful Affirmations For Moving Forward After a Loss with New Book
- Texas: Governor Abbott And First Lady Cecilia Abbott Deliver Meals On Wheels On Thanksgiving Day
- The City Of Las Vegas Recognizes Delirious Comedy Club Day, Dec. 2, At Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Available Now in Burlington!
- Dallas Cowboys and Luke Combs Dedicate Live Thanksgiving Halftime Show To Ensure 'Hope Marches On' for Those in Need
- Texas: Governor Abbott Serves Meals To Operation Lone Star Service Members In Del Rio, Edinburg Over Thanksgiving
- The Power of Gratitude Everyday Not Just Thanksgiving
- Fund Setup to Help Mothers Eradicate Human Trafficking
- Mission MightyMe Gives Back and Announces Deals for Cyber Week
- Kiromic BioPharma Announces Receipt of Notice from Nasdaq Regarding Late Filing of Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q