- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- FreeWater, The World's First Free Beverage Company, Launches With A Foundation And Focus In Philanthropy
- Governor Abbott Appoints Six to Texas Crime Victims' Institute Advisory Council
SAN ANTONIO (April 8, 2021) — Today, City Council was briefed in A Session on the status of potential stimulus funding coming to San Antonio through the American Rescue Plan and on legislation proposed and filed in the 87th State Legislature that may impact the city and its services. In regard to the state and federal updates, Intergovernmental Relations Committee Chair Councilman Pelaez issued the following statement:
"The City's intergovernmental relations (IGR) team and the hired lobbyists we manage are vital in securing the state and federal funds needed to enable San Antonio's recovery from the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic and resiliency in the face of future calamity.
Direct funding for cities and counties faced a lot of resistance in late 2020, but our IGR team and professional lobbyists pressed on–and the results can be seen in the projected $326 million in federal stimulus funds and additional resources for rent and utility assistance coming to San Antonio.
More on Txylo.com
- Is Change Coming to the EB-5 Industry?
- All Fish Gear: Launching a New Online Store Dedicated to the Art of Fishing
- Westlake Chemical Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Governor Abbott Announces 20 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered In Texas
- San Antonio: Animal Care Services teams up with renowned animal welfare foundation and disaster response organization
Beyond the updates on projections for stimulus fund projections, this briefing also underscored the value provided by the City's IGR team and hired lobbyists. They are actively tracking legislation, measuring the potential impact on San Antonio, and advocating to support the policies that help our city and fight those that negatively impact the workers, families, small businesses and organizations that make it great.
As the state legislature considers Senate Bill 10–which would prohibit the City from hiring lobbyists to advocate on behalf of our community with public resources–it is all the more vital that we support our City's advocacy work, which continues to make a tremendous impact.
With legislation on the table for voting rights, police accountability, state broadband support, and infectious disease research investment, the IGR team will brief City Council weekly on key developments until the convening of the 87th Legislature."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Savara Announces New Employment Inducement Grant Under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- Fort Worth Christian Announces Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- Braemar Hotels & Resorts Announces Pricing of $75 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Venom F5 Global Public Debut Set for Amelia Island Concours
- ShearShare Partners With ENVY To Help Beauty Professionals Rebound From Pandemic
- International Being You Day Will Take Place on May 22nd
- Fluor Announces Pricing of Upsized Convertible Preferred Stock Offering
- San Antonio: Committee on Emergency Preparedness to host meeting this Friday, May 14, 2021
- San Antonio: CDC Recommends Use of Pfizer Vaccine in Adolescents, 12 to 15 Years Old
- Mitochondria gallery presents "Life In Color." A group exhibition by rising artists from west Africa
- Benchmark International Facilitated The Transaction Of Nova Engineering to an Individual Buyer
- Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott Delivers Remarks At Zonta Club Of Parker County's Status Of Women Luncheon
- Bulldog Mobile Billboards Newest Advertising Truck - The BESTie
- ALYI Adds Self-Drive Rentals To Electric Motorcycle Rideshare Program Targeting $4 Billion African Market
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Winter Storm Disaster Declaration For May 2021
- Naturally Slim Announces Rebrand to Wondr Health
- Aspire Fertility San Antonio Welcomes Jennifer Knudtson, MD to its Team of Renowned Fertility Specialists
- Governor Abbott Receives Texas Military Value Task Force 2021 Report
- 10 Year Anniversary of International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day