SAN ANTONIO (October 17, 2019) — District 8 Councilman Manny Peláez released the following statement regarding the passage of the Climate Action and Adaptation ordinance:
"The CAAP is a blueprint for strategies tailored to our city that will mitigate the risks of climate change in our community and help protect the populations who are most vulnerable.
More on Txylo.com
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Panic and Fear Become New Normal with COVID-19 and Current Violence in America
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
This blueprint provides a plan to reduce carbon emissions, gear San Antonio to adapt to a changing climate, and bolster our community's resiliency to anticipated warmer summers and winters, more varied and extreme storms, more frequent heat waves, and potential flooding hazards.
I support this ordinance because it is the byproduct of methodical research and analysis from City staff and partners, community input from residents and organizers, and compromise with myriad stakeholders."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training in Dallas Area with One Person Per Classroom Guaranteed
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Texas: Governor Abbott Provides Update On State's Response To Protest Violence, Calls For Unity And Peaceful Protests
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Austin software firm builds homes in Mexico for the poor, sustains the families during pandemic
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Troy Alley III Joins Jarvis Christian College Employer Advisory Committee
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- City of San Antonio temporarily closes Alamo Plaza from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Valet operators pivot to include bag checking for new revenue stream
- San Antonio: Parks and Recreation to Sponsor Free Summer Food Program for Children
- City of San Antonio invites the public to participate in virtual public comment
- Texas: Governor Abbott, U.S. Attorneys Announce Federal Prosecution For Protest Agitators Violating Federal Law