SAN ANTONIO (Feb. 13, 2020) – The Department of Arts & Culture today announced two new grant programs to support the San Antonio Performing Arts community. The grants aim to assist arts nonprofits and individual professional artists to provide high-quality, innovative and accessible Performing Arts programming in San Antonio.
Developed through the Department's Performing Arts Strategic Plan, a result of multiple community meetings and discussions with performing arts organizations, artists and patrons, these grants provide assistance for costs associated with producing Performing Arts programs as well as Performing Arts venue improvements:
Production Costs Grants
More on Txylo.com
- Plano Police Association Endorses Incumbent Judge Ben Smith for 380th District Court
- A.R. Rahman Begins Recording "Hands Around the World" song to fundraise against climate change, in Los Angeles
- Dallas Based Hip Hop Artist ShySpeaks Releases Aaliyah inspired track Millions
- San Antonio City Clerk Leticia Vacek Announces Retirement
- High Quality Preston Hollow estate liquidation
- Available to nonprofit Performing Arts producing organizations and individual professional performing artists. Provides support for equipment rental, security costs and back-of-house fees at union labor rates for productions already scheduled between October 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021. The productions must be held within San Antonio city limits and with Bexar County residents comprising at least 70 percent of the artistic performers.
Performing Arts Venue Facility Improvement Grant
- Available to nonprofit Performing Arts Producing Organizations that receive operational grants from the Department of Arts & Culture. Applicants must own or hold a long-term lease of their venue or have a lease of a city-owned facility. This grant provides funding up to $10,000 for the purchase of equipment or improvements for a Performing Arts Facility.
More on Txylo.com
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Announces Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (SIX) Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Gonzales is supportive of collective bargaining agreement
- Community Prayer Event - Lent with the Family, Creative Ways to Celebrate Lent in Your Home
- Schneider Electric Donation to Odessa College Enhances Training Programs to Better Prepare Tomorrow's Automation Professionals
"Our strategic planning sessions not only worked to identify the needs of the Performing Arts community, but also specific tactics to meet those needs," said Debbie Racca-Sittre, Director, Department of Arts & Culture. "These new grants meet the objective of determining additional funding sources for Performing Arts as well as providing increased access to affordable and diverse venues."
The Performing Arts grants utilize revenue generated by the new Arts & Entertainment Fund, created with the City's Convention, Sports Facilities Department's five-year ticketing agreement with Ticketmaster for City-controlled venues including the Lila Cockrell Theatre, Alamodome and Carver Community Cultural Center. Ten percent of all facility fees collected annually will be contributed to this fund, with the revenues managed by the Department of Arts & Culture to fund the Performing Arts grant programs.
Each grant has specific eligibility, Intent to Apply, and application requirements, which can be found at SanAntonio.gov/artgrants. More information about the Performing Arts Strategic Plan can be found at https://www.getcreativesanantonio.com/CulTUArt.
Latest on Txylo.com
- CDC and City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health District Confirm COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Case in San Antonio
- Texas: Governor Abbott Charges Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative With Continued Transformation Of Workforce Development
- iMediate Inc Publishes Video Guide to Child Custody for Fathers and Mothers
- United® Executive Recognized in the Top 100 Leaders in Real Estate
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
- Mouser Electronics Empowers Tomorrow's Engineers by Sponsoring Hall of Fame at FIRST Championship
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Second Annual Van Go Art Fair Set For April 11
- Van Brings Mardi Gras to Van Zandt County
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- STG Logistics Welcomes Four New Vice Presidents to Sales Team
- Parks Associates: 31% of US broadband Households Own or Plan to Buy a Smart Appliance
- Hot n' Cole Podcast is Already a Huge Success and Everyone is Having Fun
- Two Dogs Generate Over $100,000 For Critical Surgical Care For Children
- Alchemy Creative Moves into New Development Phase
- San Antonio: City's Senior Centers Commemorating Black History Month