- ShearShare Partners with Insurance Leader for First-of-Its-Kind Usage-Based Insurance Products - 104
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Buy Website Traffic That Converts
SAN ANTONIO (Nov. 19, 2020) – The Department of the Air Force today announced Port San Antonio as a candidate location for the U.S. Space Command Headquarters. San Antonio was among 50 U.S. cities across 24 states evaluated by the Department of the Air Force during the rigorous selection process for candidate locations.
"We are honored to be on the short list for the U.S. Space Command headquarters, and I am confident that we will make a strong case for locating it in Military City, USA," said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. "San Antonio is well positioned for the headquarters considering our many military and community assets, as well as the team approach that we will put to work to land this historic and important command."
"The focus of our Office of Military and Veteran Affairs is to advocate for growth of the military missions in San Antonio, and I can't overstate our investment and support for the military in our community," said City Manager Erik Walsh. "San Antonio is uniquely qualified and more than capable of hosting the U.S. Space Command Headquarters. We are proud that this selection as a candidate city highlights our community at a national level."
More on Txylo.com
- Telestax Delivers SMS for Microsoft Teams Bringing the Ability to Send and Receive Texts from within the Popular Collaboration Platform
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- MCI Diagnostic Center Performs COVID-19 Testing on Soccer Team
- MCI Diagnostic Center Opens Lab Headquarters In Dallas,Texas
The Department of the Air Force will conduct both virtual and on-site visits at each candidate location to assess which location is best suited to host the U.S. Space Command Headquarters. This assessment will be based on factors related to mission, infrastructure capacity, community support, and costs to the Department of Defense.
"This is a great accomplishment for our city," said City of San Antonio Director of Military and Veteran Affairs Maj. Gen. Juan Ayala, USMC (Ret.). "We will work with the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, Port San Antonio and other community partners to ensure we are prepared to host the Air Force's survey team. I am confident that we will not only meet, but exceed, all the requirements needed to host the command."
Port San Antonio is among six locations being considered, other locations include: Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado; Patrick Air Force Base in Florida; Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico; Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska; and Redstone Army Airfield in Alabama. The Department of the Air Force anticipates selecting the preferred location for U.S. Space Command Headquarters in early 2021.
More on Txylo.com
- Australian Artist seeks 4 Million USD in damages from Bollywood
- LyondellBasell and Sasol Complete Louisiana Joint Venture Transaction English English
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. Announces Participation at the Morgan Stanley Virtual Global Consumer and Retail Conference
- Highland Income Fund Announces the Regular Monthly Distribution
- Central Freight Lines Announces Transition Plan to Increase Focus on Streamlined Customer Services
"This is a fantastic vote of confidence and reflects our community's longstanding record as a place for unparalleled strategic support to our nation's defenders," said Port San Antonio President and CEO Jim Perschbach. "The Port stands ready to work alongside San Antonio's leadership by providing a dynamic platform for groundbreaking military and commercial technology innovations in an increasingly connected world."
"San Antonio is ready-made for military missions," said San Antonio Economic Development Foundation President and Chief Executive Officer Jenna Saucedo-Herrera. "We're honored to continue competing for the U.S. Space Command headquarters and look forward to hosting Air Force leaders in our city. Our history with the Department of Defense and industry assets are competitive—what sets us apart is the culture and community we offer to servicemen and women and their families. We can serve the mission and the people behind it."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Customer Support Data Transformed into Powerful Intelligence with TeamInsights
- Houston: Mayor Turner Announces the Urban Prairie Resiliency Project
- Lonestar Resources US Inc. Successfully Completes Restructuring
- Moleculin Announces FDA Approves 3 Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WP1066
- EclecticIQ raises €20 million in Series C funding
- AKCP Develops COVID-19 Vaccine Monitoring
- Sunnova Announces Pricing of Primary and Secondary Offering of Shares of Common Stock
- San Antonio: Metro Health issues new health recommendations against indoor dining and gatherings
- ShearShare Partners with Insurance Leader for First-of-Its-Kind Usage-Based Insurance Products
- ERF Wireless, Inc. Announces Delay in Effective Date of a Name Change and Reverse Split of Its Common Stock
- San Antonio: There's a chill in the air--protect your pets!
- San Antonio: GroundBreaking of Inner Circle Extension Bond Project at Brooks
- Governor Abbott Appoints Three To Texas Radiation Advisory Board
- Aspen Dental Expands Access to Dental Care in Fort Worth, TX
- San Antonio: San Pedro Branch Library to Close for Renovations
- Everyware® Launches 'Text to Give' Holiday Campaign in Honor of Giving Tuesday
- CAM Integrated Solutions Appoints Director of Automation
- Donald Wayne King Introduces New Lo-Fi Hip Hop Funk Sound
- Sterling Credentials - Use it Right Out of the Box
- 5 Decades Later: Who Inspired Me (Harry Javer) the Most. From Successful Top Entrepreneurs, Artists, & Celebrities that I have met with along the way