- Texas Grows Jobs Faster Than Nation, Hits New Historic Highs
- Mountain Fresh Water Systems Announces 5% End-of-Summer Discount on All Services
- Pizza Hut Joins Colony Ridge Communities, Amplifying the Neighborhood's Vibrant Offerings!
"I congratulate the City of Sweeny on earning the Film Friendly Texas designation and joining more than 175 other Texas communities that have received this recognition," said Governor Abbott. "Texas is brimming with promise, and I look forward to continuing to work alongside all of our communities to ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to succeed."
The Governor's Office of Economic Development and Tourism's Texas Film Commission has been helping grow local jobs and economies by promoting Texas as a premier destination for film, television, commercial, animation, visual effects, video game, and extended reality production for over 50 years. This has resulted in more than $2 billion in local spending and created more than 183,000 production jobs across the state from 2007 to 2023.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Border Disaster Declaration In September 2023
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Drought Disaster Declaration In September 2023
- Texas: Governor Abbott Hosts Hungarian President Novák At Governor's Mansion
- Make It Movement Launches National Marketing Pilot to Rapidly Build a New Generation of Young High-Skilled and High-Income Professionals
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners Refutes Federal Trade Commission's Misguided Allegations
Mayor Dusty Hopkins expressed his excitement for this new opportunity for Sweeny. "We are eager to welcome film production in Sweeny," said Mayor Hopkins. "The Texas Film Commission has worked diligently with city staff to make this happen for our community. We are grateful for the Commission's partnership and excited for the new opportunities to grow the local economy through film production."
Through this training and certification process, communities large and small are prepared to help match local businesses with production-related needs, creating jobs for Texas-based crew members and local residents, as well as spurring on-site spending at local businesses.
To explore all that Film Friendly Texas Communities offer or find cast, crew, or digital media job opportunities in Texas visit gov.texas.gov/film/page/fftx_overview or gov.texas.gov/film/hotline respectively.
Latest on Txylo.com
- National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation Receives $1 Million Founding Donation from Anheuser-Busch
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Magical Design & Build: Bringing Innovation to Austin, TX
- Talk to Steve Jobs, Marilyn Monroe, and even Dead Presidents
- Praxent Helps Texas Lawyers' Insurance Exchange Increase the Conversion of Digital Customers and Reduce Turnaround Time for Processing New Applications and Renewals by 90%
- Nexus Neurorecovery Center - San Antonio Announces Grand Opening
- Child Health Day is an opportunity to learn anger calming technique with Liam, the Smart Rabbit
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Over $3.6 Million In Grants To Panhandle, Concho Valley Veteran Organizations
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Trend Micro Ranks #1 in Attack Protection in Rigorous MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK® Evaluations
- Successful Serial Entrepreneur's Event Aims To Educate, Encourage & Elevate Women Podcasters During National Women's Small Business Month
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Americans do talk about peace − just not the same way people do in other countries
- Governor Abbott Appoints Five To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030
- Selling a Life Insurance Policy Might be a Better Option Than Letting it Lapse or Surrendering it
- National Grid Renewables Announces $1.1 Million Charitable Pledge to Texas Fire Departments and School Districts