- Fast Facts About Rear-End Collisions [Infographic]
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Announces No Unit Payment for First Quarter 2021
- Ethos Voice & Data Joins Evolve IP's White Label Partner Program
"I congratulate the City of Lubbock on earning the Film Friendly Texas designation and joining more than 150 other Texas communities," said Governor Abbott. "With our focus on unleashing the Lone Star State's economic might, I am committed to working alongside all of our communities to ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to succeed. Through the Film Friendly Texas training and certification process, communities large and small are readied to help match local businesses with production-related needs, creating jobs for Texas-based crew members and local residents, as well as spurring on-site spending at local small businesses. And as the Texas Film Commission celebrates 50 years of service, I am especially proud of all they have accomplished in helping communities like Lubbock to market their unique local appeal and achieve economic recovery through media production."
More on Txylo.com
- Arcosa, Inc. Announces Completion of StonePoint Materials Acquisition and Issuance of $400 Million of Senior Notes
- Texas: Governor Abbott Places State Resources On Standby In Preparation For Severe Storms And Critical Fire Weather
- Rapid Dx Laboratory Announces Partnership with Ginkgo Bioworks to Scale COVID Response through Pooled Testing in K-12 Schools
- Texas: Governor Abbott Sends Letter To Vice President Harris Demanding Shut Down Of Federally Run Unaccompanied Minor Facility In San Antonio
- Salem's Charlie Kirk Joins 77WABC Radio in Rush's Old Time Slot
"Congratulations to the City of Lubbock for earning the Film Friendly Texas designation," said Senator Charles Perry. "This announcement by Governor Greg Abbott marks the start of new growth in the film industry in Lubbock, which will help spur economic and career opportunities for West Texans."
"Lubbock and West Texas have been 'film friendly' to dozens of popular motion pictures over the years, and Lubbock receiving the Governor's 'Film Friendly Texas Designation' reinforces the fact that our unique scenery and business-friendly atmosphere provide everything the film industry is looking for," said Representative Dustin Burrows.
"The City of Lubbock has much to offer as a filming location, including wonderful weather, unique venues and the prettiest sunsets around. We are so excited to be named a Texas Film Friendly Community by the Texas Film Commission, and we will be a willing partner for film productions who choose to film in Lubbock," said Lubbock Cultural Arts Foundation Director Stacy Keith. "The Texas Film Commission has been a pleasure to work with and has made the process of certification easy. We're thankful for their support and look forward to working with them."
More on Txylo.com
- New State Level Privacy Laws Influencing Cybersecurity Budgets & Roadmaps Webinar
- San Antonio: City Council Unanimously Approves Changing the Name of a Portion of Medina Street in Honor of Veteran Advocate Carlos Martinez
- Girl Power Is Horsepower: Woman-Owned Cocktail Brand, BuzzBallz, Partners with Female Midget Car Racer, Taylor Reimer
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- CBRE Group, Inc. Announces Details of Conference Call and Webcast for First Quarter 2021 Financial Results
The City of Lubbock joins more than 150 Film Friendly Texas communities that receive ongoing training and guidance from the Texas Film Commission on media industry standards, best practices, and how to effectively accommodate on-location filming activity in their community.
The Texas Film Commission in the Office of the Governor's Economic Development and Tourism Division has attracted $1.66 billion in local spending and created more than 157,000 production jobs across the state from 2007 to 2020.
As media production opens in Texas, compliance with state and local safety protocols is key to keeping crews and communities safe. More information on safety guidelines and resources can be found at www.gov.texas.gov/film/coronavirus
To explore all that Film Friendly Texas communities offer, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/film/page/fftx_overview
For cast, crew, and digital media job opportunities in Texas, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/film/hotline
Latest on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Municipal Golf Association - SA (MGA-SA) Seeking Board of Directors Applicants
- Houston CEO Receives Prestigious, Top National Engineering Award for Developing a Breakthrough Technology That Kills COVID-19
- Gary S. Monroe, C.D. Accelerates Promising New Treatments For Cocaine And Methamphetamine Addicts
- San Antonio: City releases research and results related to climate action
- San Antonio: Free Landfill Day
- City of San Antonio announces reopening of public facing facilities with continued COVID-19 precautions in place
- GRC, Forward Thinking Management Company, is Newest Addition to 5G LLC's 'High Tech' Rooftop Portfolio
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Phillips as Red River Compact Commissioner
- San Antonio: Committee on Emergency Preparedness to host meeting this Friday, April 9, 2021
- Sycamore Tree Capital Partners Signs United Nations Backed Principles for Responsible Investment
- FuseFX Acquires Australia-based Rising Sun Pictures
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Recognizing April 2021 As Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Texas Traditions Roofing's Mike Pickel Named a Roofing Industry Influencer for Third Year
- ALYI Announces New Contract And Strategic Investment Expanding Its EV Ecosystem
- Zilliant Announces MindShare 2021
- Nisk Real Estate Launches South Florida Brokerage
- San Antonio Express-News introduces 2021 Salute To Nurses Program
- Astrotech Increases Previously Announced Bought Deal Offering of Common Stock to $32.5 Million
- Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association Members Meet Vietnam War Orphan, Daughter of Fallen Hero
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces State Investigation Into Allegations Of Abuse, Neglect At Federally Run Unaccompanied Minor Facility