- Young Caleb Marshall Held 3 years in jail without trial on False Allegation Charges
- The largest and oldest Festival of Islamic Arts is back!
- 13:14 ET Alejandro Dabdoub is recognized by Continental Who's Who
"I congratulate the City of Port Arthur on earning the Film Friendly Texas designation and joining more than 160 other Texas communities who have received this recognition," said Governor Abbott. "As we unleash the full might of the Texas economy, I look forward to continuing to work alongside all of our communities to ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to succeed. Through the Film Friendly Texas training and certification process, communities large and small are readied to help match local businesses with production-related needs, creating jobs for Texas-based crew members and local residents, as well as spurring on-site spending at local small businesses. As the Texas Film Commission celebrates 50 years of service, I am especially proud of all they have accomplished in helping communities like Port Arthur market their unique local appeal and achieve economic recovery through media production."
"Congratulations to Mayor Thurman Bartie, city leadership, and the small business community that made it possible for Port Arthur to be named a Film Friendly Texas community," said Senator Brandon Creighton. "The community is ready to get to work and eager to support projects of all sizes. Filmmakers, producers, and vendors will soon see what we all know — Port Arthur is an excellent community to shoot a film, start a business, and raise a family."
More on Txylo.com
- Be Suite By Beauty Entourage Expands Their Mobile Salon Fleet with an 18 Foot Glass Walled Truck
- San Antonio: Metro Health October 16 – 23 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces D6 Headquarters Relocation to Sulphur Springs
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- San Antonio: NATIONAL TEEN DRIVER SAFETY WEEK OCTOBER 17 – 23, 2021
"Port Arthur has been known as a cultural powerhouse that has hosted a number of writers, actors, producers, singers, and filmmakers," said House Speaker Dade Phelan. "With the unparalleled coastal and marsh vistas, historical buildings, and Southeast Texas hospitality, Port Arthur is well placed to reemerge as a prime destination for the film industry to explore. I am proud to represent the people of Port Arthur and look forward to the impact their certification as a Film Friendly Texas community will have on the area."
"Port Arthur offers coastal views that help propel a story and hospitable people ready to assist crews," said Darragh Castillo, Destination Management Specialist, Port Arthur Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The Museum of the Gulf Coast links us to a history of music and movie ties, and we're ready to add to that legacy. We are honored to be a Film Friendly Texas community. Bring on the features, shorts, music videos, documentaries, and more. After a day of filming, crew members will be able to enjoy our restaurants, hotels, and other highlights, including Sea Rim State Park. Every story starts somewhere, and we'd like it to be here."
The City of Port Arthur joins more than 160 Film Friendly Texas communities that receive ongoing training and guidance from the Texas Film Commission on media industry standards, best practices, and how to effectively accommodate on-location filming activity in their community.
More on Txylo.com
- 1000Bulbs.com Urges Everyone to Buy Christmas Lights Before Stock Sells Out
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Hutto
- Texas: Governor Abbott Adds Higher Education Improvements To Third Special Session Agenda
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
The Texas Film Commission in the Office of the Governor's Economic Development and Tourism Division has attracted $1.66 billion in local spending and created more than 157,000 production jobs across the state from 2007 to 2020.
To explore all that Film Friendly Texas communities offer, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/film/page/fftx_overview
Media production safety recommendations and resources can be found at www.gov.texas.gov/film/coronavirus
For cast, crew, and digital media job opportunities in Texas, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/film/hotline
Latest on Txylo.com
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Richard Tyler, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "SuccessOnomics Vol 3"
- Bad Girls Boxing LLC Presents The Return Of Bad Girls Boxing
- Community First Health Plan Now Offers Medicare Advantage Plans
- Affiant Records Welcomes Nearly Spent
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Governor Abbott, TDHCA: Texas Rent Relief Program First In Nation To Provide $1 Billion In Assistance
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Bryan
- Informer Partners Announces Rebranding, Affirms Commitment to Clients
- San Antonio: Community invited to an evening of fun at future site of Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park
- ITSMA 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Department of Homeland Security awards training contract to Cyber World Institute
- MainConcept FFmpeg Plugin Portfolio Adds xHE-AAC Encoder and Support for Linux on ARM with AVC & HEVC
- ASI Launches iMIS Advertising to Help Associations Maximize Non-Dues Revenue
- Scary is King When it Comes to Professional Haunting
- Introducing The Skill Market, a support platform for small business owners and solo entrepreneurs
- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- CNXT Digital Brings Student Life and Family Engagement Together in One Integrated Solution K-12