- Texas Grows Jobs Faster Than Nation, Hits New Historic Highs
- Mountain Fresh Water Systems Announces 5% End-of-Summer Discount on All Services
- IRS Announces Heightened Audits and Six Month Processing Times on New ERC Claims Due to Suspected Fraud
The funding will provide services to more than 1,800 veterans and their families in over 30 counties in the FVA East Texas region. "Texans will forever be indebted to our brave veterans who selflessly answered the call to serve in our nation's military," said Governor Abbott. "These Fund for Veterans' Assistance grants will help veterans in East Texas and their families receive critical services they need to thrive. I thank the Texas Veterans Commission for partnering with veteran service organizations across our state as we honor the sacrifices these heroic men and women made in service to our state and our nation."
TVC Chairwoman and Navy veteran Laura Koerner expressed her gratitude for the award recipients, saying "I want to sincerely thank each of our award recipients for serving our veteran communities across the Lone Star State. Your organizations are recognized for making a difference in lives of those who served."
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Border Disaster Declaration In September 2023
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Drought Disaster Declaration In September 2023
- Texas: Governor Abbott Hosts Hungarian President Novák At Governor's Mansion
- Make It Movement Launches National Marketing Pilot to Rapidly Build a New Generation of Young High-Skilled and High-Income Professionals
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners Refutes Federal Trade Commission's Misguided Allegations
The second stop on TVC's FVA Big Check Tour was made at Habitat for Humanity of Smith County in Tyler by TVC Vice Chair and Air Force veteran Kimberlee Shaneyfelt. Fund presentations will continue through the first weeks of October at various locations including Fort Worth, Dallas, Abilene, El Paso, Edinburg, San Marcos, and New Braunfels.
The grants awarded today include financial assistance from Ark-Tex Council of Governments ($5,000), Cass County ($300,000), Community Services of Northeast Texas ($300,000), Deep East Texas Council of Governments and Economic Development District ($235,000), East Texas Council of Governments ($250,000), East Texas Veterans Community Council ($250,000), Habitat for Humanity of Smith County ($200,000), Northeast Texas Habitat for Humanity ($200,000) and The Salvation Army of Lufkin ($100,000).
Funding for these grants is generated primarily by the Texas Lottery Commission's games designated for veteran support as well as individual donation options on drivers' licenses, licenses to carry a handgun, outdoor recreation licenses for hunting and fishing and vehicle registrations.
Texas veterans who are in need of assistance can find available local organizations at tvc.texas.gov/grants/assistance/.
Latest on Txylo.com
- National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation Receives $1 Million Founding Donation from Anheuser-Busch
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Magical Design & Build: Bringing Innovation to Austin, TX
- Talk to Steve Jobs, Marilyn Monroe, and even Dead Presidents
- Praxent Helps Texas Lawyers' Insurance Exchange Increase the Conversion of Digital Customers and Reduce Turnaround Time for Processing New Applications and Renewals by 90%
- Nexus Neurorecovery Center - San Antonio Announces Grand Opening
- Child Health Day is an opportunity to learn anger calming technique with Liam, the Smart Rabbit
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Over $3.6 Million In Grants To Panhandle, Concho Valley Veteran Organizations
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Trend Micro Ranks #1 in Attack Protection in Rigorous MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK® Evaluations
- Successful Serial Entrepreneur's Event Aims To Educate, Encourage & Elevate Women Podcasters During National Women's Small Business Month
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Americans do talk about peace − just not the same way people do in other countries
- Governor Abbott Appoints Five To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030
- Selling a Life Insurance Policy Might be a Better Option Than Letting it Lapse or Surrendering it
- National Grid Renewables Announces $1.1 Million Charitable Pledge to Texas Fire Departments and School Districts