Governor Abbott Boosts Support For Education Freedom At Parent Empowerment Day At Texas Capitol
- Score Shot Back to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Generational Capital Markets Advises Youngblood Automation in its Sale to H&P Technologies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony In Georgetown
"I went to public schools, and I would not have had it any other way," said Governor Abbott. "However, I have heard so many parents and teachers across Texas raise concerns about what is being taught in classrooms today. Our schools are for education, not indoctrination. The solution to this problem is empowering parents to choose the school that's right for their child, and that's what we will pass this legislative session in Austin."
Governor Abbott noted that Texas' per-student funding is at an all-time high and that no other governor has authorized more funding for public schools in state history. He emphasized that more money does not always solve problems that parents face in their child's education and detailed his plan to expand school choice options through state-funded Education Savings Accounts to every Texas student. He also pointed out that a majority of urban, suburban, and rural Texans are in favor of increasing a parent's right to make important decisions in their child's education, including having access to school curriculum, school libraries, and material being taught in the classroom.
More on Txylo.com
- Independent Film Inspired by 2020 Social Justice Movement Launches on Amazon Prime
- ZINFI Technologies Showcases Industry-Leading Channel Management Automation Platform at Forrester's B2B Summit North America in Austin, June 5-7
- Expro Wins Well Intervention and Integrity Contract for Major Project in Uganda
- San Antonio: Enjoy fun events this June and July Downtown
- San Antonio: District 5 Councilmember Reacts to Violent Crime Reduction Plan Update
The Governor was joined by Senators Paul Bettencourt, Mayes Middleton, and Kevin Sparks; Representatives James Frank, Brian Harrison, and Steve Toth; Texas Public Policy Foundation Campaign Director Mandy Drogin; San Jacinto Christian Academy Superintendent Roxanne Cheek; and other state and legislative leaders. In his 2023 State of the State address earlier this year he declared education freedom for all Texans as an emergency item for the 88th Legislative Session.
Governor Abbott believes that providing parents with more control over their children's educational opportunities will lead to better outcomes for students across the state of Texas. He encourages all Texans to contact their local legislators in support of expanding school choice options throughout the state.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on Txylo.com
- Start Your Own Business and Improve Your Credit
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Comprehensive PR Strategies Resource Site
- FreeBeer, The World's First Free Beer Company, Launches an Ad-supported Brew
- Clarity Payment Hub Ootb Support For Microsoft Dynamics Gp
- American Momentum Bank's $25,000 sponsorship supports transitional living center for young adults
- Texas: Governor Abbott Vows To Cut Property Taxes At TPPF Fireside Chat
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Departure Of PUC Chairman Lake
- Major Legislative Achievements Boost Texas' Historic Border Mission
- HOUSTON NAMED A 2023 TOP 10 BEST CITY IN AMERICA
- Governor Abbott Deploys State Flood Resources To Northwest Texas
- Ennis, Inc. Acquires UMC Print
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- A Quarter of Campers Work From the Campsite, says 2023 Camping Report
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- TransTech Energy Acquires Metalforms Ltd.
- Governor Abbott Appoints University Student Regents, Representative To Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Hephaestus Global Launches Comprehensive Free Resource for Investors
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Fresh Publication Feel, Daily Content, and Comprehensive PR Resources
- Timothy M. David Announces the Release of The Imposed Path
- Eva Tillman Announces the Release of Dear Mom - a memoir