I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of the State of Texas, do hereby certify that exceptional drought conditions pose a threat of imminent disaster in Bandera, Blanco, Brown, Callahan, Coke, Coleman, Concho, Crockett, Dimmit, Eastland, Edwards, Fisher, Frio, Glasscock, Haskell, Hays, Irion, Jim Hogg, Jones, Karnes, Kendall, Kimble, Kinney, Llano, Mason, Maverick, McCulloch, Medina, Menard, Nolan, Nueces, Palo Pinto, Real, Runnels, San Patricio, Schleicher, Shackelford, Starr, Stephens, Sterling, Taylor, Throckmorton, Tom Green, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Wichita, Wilbarger, Williamson, Wilson, Young, Zapata, and Zavala counties.
WHEREAS, significantly low rainfall and prolonged dry conditions continue to increase the threat of wildfire across these portions of the state; and
WHEREAS, these drought conditions pose an imminent threat to public health, property, and the economy;
THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby declare a state of disaster in the previously listed counties based on the existence of such threat.
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Department of Arts & Culture Shares Latest Creative Economy Data
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- San Antonio: Community input sought for Homeless Strategic Plan
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the code, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to protect life or property threatened by this declared disaster, I hereby authorize the suspension of such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster.
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 8th day of November, 2019.
Read the proclamation
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas Capital Bank launches all-digital Bask Bank, offering savers American Airlines AAdvantage® miles
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- TRECIG CIO & Cybersecurity Expert, Jim West, to speak at Texas Technology Summit
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Austin Stabbing
- Sliquid Introduces Buck Angel's T-Collection
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Austin Police Department Completes OSCR360 Crime Scene Investigation Training
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- Coalition of Franchisees Says Deaf Ears are Bad for the Brand; Calling for Change
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- Frog Appoints Robert Denegri as CEO
- XPERTI, Exclusive Talent Management Platform, Closes Technology Expert-Project Gap
- Houston Quinceanera Expo 03-01-2020 at George R. Brown
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. appoints Dr. Steven Marsh as Special IP Counsel