I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of the State of Texas, do hereby certify that the severe weather and flooding event that began on September 17, 2019, has caused widespread and severe property damage and threatens loss of life in Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, and San Jacinto counties.
THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby declare a state of disaster in the previously listed counties.
Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the code, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to protect life or property threatened by this declared disaster, I hereby authorize the suspension of such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster.
More on Txylo.com
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- New website offers comprehensive database for finding, managing local events
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 19th day of September, 2019.
Read the Governor's declaration
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilman Treviño supports passage of the San Antonio Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan on the Passage of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan: "We owe it to ourselves, to each other, and to our children"
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Votes Against Adopting Climate Action & Adaption Plan
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg's statement on passage of climate plan
- San Antonio City Council adopts Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- TMG Consulting Announces New VP of Digital Innovation & Research
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- Monarch Butterflies and Ultra-Runners Coming Through San Antonio Raising Awareness of Epic Migratory Journey
- Diwali San Antonio Festival of Lights Celebrates San Antonio's Indian Community
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Vaping Illness in the United States
- Kingdom Christmas Lights Process
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- New Book - Cybersecurity: The Children's Guide to Being Safe Online
- Doctor Unveils the Path to Better 'Lifestyle and Longevity'
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Welcomes Promising Early Results of Cite and Release Policy