I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of the State of Texas, do hereby certify that the severe weather and flooding event that began on September 17, 2019, has caused widespread and severe property damage and threatens loss of life in Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, and San Jacinto counties.
THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby declare a state of disaster in the previously listed counties.
Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the code, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to protect life or property threatened by this declared disaster, I hereby authorize the suspension of such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster.
More on Txylo.com
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Panic and Fear Become New Normal with COVID-19 and Current Violence in America
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 19th day of September, 2019.
Read the Governor's declaration
Latest on Txylo.com
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training in Dallas Area with One Person Per Classroom Guaranteed
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Texas: Governor Abbott Provides Update On State's Response To Protest Violence, Calls For Unity And Peaceful Protests
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Austin software firm builds homes in Mexico for the poor, sustains the families during pandemic
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Troy Alley III Joins Jarvis Christian College Employer Advisory Committee
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- City of San Antonio temporarily closes Alamo Plaza from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Valet operators pivot to include bag checking for new revenue stream
- San Antonio: Parks and Recreation to Sponsor Free Summer Food Program for Children
- City of San Antonio invites the public to participate in virtual public comment
- Texas: Governor Abbott, U.S. Attorneys Announce Federal Prosecution For Protest Agitators Violating Federal Law