- Pickering Energy Partners Acted as Co-Manager to Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
- Colliers finalizes sale of office property in Houston, Texas
- Tiffany Jo Baker Featured Nationwide
The National Weather Service (NWS) has forecasted pockets of heavy rainfall between 3 to 6 inches, which could lead to additional flash flooding. NWS also forecasts an enhanced risk of severe thunderstorms in the western portion of the state, bringing threats of large hail, damaging winds, and possible tornadoes.
At Governor Abbott's direction, TDEM has activated several state resources to support flood response operations. These include two Swiftwater Boat Squads from the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (Texas A&M Task Force 1), two Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System Strike Teams comprised of High Profile Vehicles and two Boat Teams from the Texas A&M Forest Service, personnel from the Texas Department of Transportation to assist with traffic control and road closures, Game Wardens and Boat Squads from the Texas Parks and Wildlife, helicopters with hoist capability from the Texas Department of Public Safety, personnel from the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (Public Works Response Team) to support flood pump operations, two Ground Transportation Platoons with High Profile Vehicles from the Texas National Guard, air/water/wastewater monitoring from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and personnel from the Texas Animal Health Commission to provide livestock support. TDEM is also contracting additional water pumps to assist local jurisdictions impacted by flooding.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Over $2.2 Million In Career Training Grants To Tarrant County Schools
- Governor Abbott Announces Historic $240 Million For Texas Seaports
- Introducing the Jokari Pizza Edge
- Senderra Specialty Pharmacy Expands Production Capabilities Opening a New State-of-The-Art Distribution Facility
- Arduino Hardware Now Driving Commercial Innovation in More Than 30,000 Businesses
Additionally, TDEM has placed several resources on standby to support flood operations as warranted. These include Urban Search and Rescue personnel from the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (Texas Task Force 2), Severe Weather Packages from the Texas Department of State Health Services (Emergency Medical Task Force). Shelters are being opened in impacted jurisdictions for those who need them.
Governor Abbott urges Texans to regularly monitor weather and driving conditions over the next several days as flash flood threats continue. He also encourages people not to travel in impacted areas during this time for their own safety. He thanked all emergency personnel who are protecting communities during these storms.
Finally, when it is safe to do so, Texans are encouraged to self-report property damage using iSTAT at damage.tdem.texas.gov or visit DriveTexas.org for travel conditions updates in impacted areas.
Latest on Txylo.com
- 2023 Dr. Richard Tozer Innovation & Leadership Honoree
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $2.5 Million In Career Training Grants To West Central Texas Schools
- SPI Advisory Acquires 154-Unit New Braunfels Apartments
- With Acceleration Capital from CAZ Investments, TXV Partners Launches "Evolution" Fund & Transforms Into a Top U.S. Minority Sports Investment Firm
- HILCO REAL ESTATE ANNOUNCES THE SALE OF TWO EXCEPTIONAL MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT SITES IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Colliers facilitates purchase of Clear Water Express Car Wash property in Magnolia
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- Sabor a Shalom: Fusion Cuisine
- IMC INVESTS IN LIGHTWEIGHT TRUCKS TO EXPAND GULF HEAVY-HAUL SERVICES
- Seven Seas Water Group Breaks Ground on Historic Water Partnership with City of Alice, Texas
- Dalfen Industrial and Centerbridge Continue Coastal Industrial Outdoor Storage ("IOS") Strategy
- Cleveland Broadband Selects Axiros' AXESS 5 ACS Software for Advanced Gigabit Internet Service
- Expro Provides Update on Vessel-Deployed Lightwell Intervention Business
- Easter Seals Greater Houston is Serving the Whole Veteran
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $3.8 Million In Grants To South Texas Veteran Service Organizations
- Western Midstream Partners, LP Announces Pricing of Notes Offering
- Texas: Governor Abbott Spotlights National Border Crisis At Manhattan Institute
- Green Office Partner Ranks on the Inc. 5000 Annual List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America
- NTSO Founder, Conductor Wins 2023 American Prize in Conducting
- Tania Ortiz Mena Appointed President of Sempra Infrastructure