WHEREAS, I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of the State of Texas, issued a disaster proclamation on August 23, 2017, certifying that Hurricane Harvey posed a threat of imminent disaster for Aransas, Austin, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Harris, Jackson, Jefferson, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Liberty, Live Oak, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller, Wharton, and Wilson counties; and
WHEREAS, the disaster proclamation of August 23, 2017, was subsequently amended on August 26, August 27, August 28, and September 14 to add the following counties to the disaster proclamation: Angelina, Atascosa, Bastrop, Bexar, Brazos, Burleson, Caldwell, Cameron, Comal, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hardin, Jasper, Kerr, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Trinity, Tyler, Walker, Washington, and Willacy; and
More on Txylo.com
- Plano Police Association Endorses Incumbent Judge Ben Smith for 380th District Court
- A.R. Rahman Begins Recording "Hands Around the World" song to fundraise against climate change, in Los Angeles
- Dallas Based Hip Hop Artist ShySpeaks Releases Aaliyah inspired track Millions
- San Antonio City Clerk Leticia Vacek Announces Retirement
- High Quality Preston Hollow estate liquidation
WHEREAS, on September 20, 2017, and in each subsequent month effective through today, I issued proclamations renewing the disaster declaration for all counties listed above; and
WHEREAS, due to the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Harvey, a state of disaster continues to exist in those same counties;
NOW, THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby renew the disaster proclamation for the 60 counties listed above.
Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the code, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to protect life or property threatened by this declared disaster, I hereby authorize the suspension of such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster.
More on Txylo.com
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Announces Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (SIX) Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Gonzales is supportive of collective bargaining agreement
- Community Prayer Event - Lent with the Family, Creative Ways to Celebrate Lent in Your Home
- Schneider Electric Donation to Odessa College Enhances Training Programs to Better Prepare Tomorrow's Automation Professionals
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 13th day of February, 2020.
Governor Greg Abbott
Read the proclamation
Latest on Txylo.com
- CDC and City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health District Confirm COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Case in San Antonio
- Texas: Governor Abbott Charges Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative With Continued Transformation Of Workforce Development
- iMediate Inc Publishes Video Guide to Child Custody for Fathers and Mothers
- United® Executive Recognized in the Top 100 Leaders in Real Estate
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
- Mouser Electronics Empowers Tomorrow's Engineers by Sponsoring Hall of Fame at FIRST Championship
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Second Annual Van Go Art Fair Set For April 11
- Van Brings Mardi Gras to Van Zandt County
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- STG Logistics Welcomes Four New Vice Presidents to Sales Team
- Parks Associates: 31% of US broadband Households Own or Plan to Buy a Smart Appliance
- Hot n' Cole Podcast is Already a Huge Success and Everyone is Having Fun
- Two Dogs Generate Over $100,000 For Critical Surgical Care For Children
- Alchemy Creative Moves into New Development Phase
- San Antonio: City's Senior Centers Commemorating Black History Month