WHEREAS, the resignation of the Honorable John Zerwas, and its acceptance, has caused a vacancy to exist in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28, which is wholly contained within Fort Bend County; and
WHEREAS, Article III, Section 13 of the Texas Constitution and Section 203.002 of the Texas Election Code require that a special election be ordered upon such a vacancy, and Section 3.003 of the Texas Election Code requires the special election to be ordered by proclamation of the Governor; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 203.004(a) of the Texas Election Code, the special election must be held on the first uniform date occurring on or after the 36th day after the date the election is ordered; and
WHEREAS, Tuesday, November 5, 2019, is the first uniform election date occurring on or after the 36th day after the date the election is ordered;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby order a special election to be held in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, for the purpose of electing a state representative to serve out the unexpired term of the Honorable John Zerwas.
More on Txylo.com
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- Refereum rewards Dauntless players over USD $3,000 in prizes
- Governor Abbott Reappoints Clayton To Texas Judicial Council
- Pro Kitchen 4 U: The Kitchen Essentials You Need to Make Culinary Masterpieces!
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
Candidates who wish to have their names placed on the special election ballot must file their applications with the secretary of state no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, in accordance with Section 201.054(a)(1) of the Texas Election Code.
Early voting by personal appearance shall begin on Monday, October 21, 2019, in accordance with Section 85.001(a) and (c) of the Texas Election Code.
A copy of this order shall be mailed immediately to the Fort Bend County Judge which is the county within which Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 is wholly contained, and all appropriate writs shall be issued and all proper proceedings shall be followed to the end that said election may be held to fill the vacancy in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 and its result proclaimed in accordance with law.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 13th day of August, 2019.
View a PDF of the proclamation
Latest on Txylo.com
- FMD Distribution and Service Welcomes Lisa James
- City of San Antonio Seeks Proposals for Exhibits and Programming at Centro de Artes for 2021-2022
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia encourages continued cooperation among government entities to address gun violence
- Councilwoman Gonzales joins the San Antonio City Council in calling for immediate action to stem gun violence
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Is Your Testing Laboratory Ready for ISO 17025 Accreditation?
- San Antonio: One day…Hundreds of pets looking for homes!
- Governor Abbott Appoints Covey To Governing Board Of The Texas Indigent Defense Commission
- Kelsey Turnage joins RHSB (Roach Howard Smith & Barton)
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Senator Flores And Representative Huberty To Education Commission Of The States
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- San Antonio: City Council urges federal, state action on gun violence
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Author David R. Gross Releases New Historical Fiction Novel, Defender of the Texas Frontier
- NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball Teams Compete in the Bahamas
- Nonprofit Operation Blue Shield Introduces New Brand Identity as One Community
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- CreditSnap, a Lending FinTech, Emerges from Stealth Mode After Reaching 100K Applications Milestone