WHEREAS, the resignation of the Honorable John Zerwas, and its acceptance, has caused a vacancy to exist in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28, which is wholly contained within Fort Bend County; and
WHEREAS, Article III, Section 13 of the Texas Constitution and Section 203.002 of the Texas Election Code require that a special election be ordered upon such a vacancy, and Section 3.003 of the Texas Election Code requires the special election to be ordered by proclamation of the Governor; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 203.004(a) of the Texas Election Code, the special election must be held on the first uniform date occurring on or after the 36th day after the date the election is ordered; and
WHEREAS, Tuesday, November 5, 2019, is the first uniform election date occurring on or after the 36th day after the date the election is ordered;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby order a special election to be held in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, for the purpose of electing a state representative to serve out the unexpired term of the Honorable John Zerwas.
More on Txylo.com
- InFlight Labs Develops FIRST "GADSS" Aircraft-wide Remote Control for ELT, SATCOM, and ADS-B Distress Tracking Systems
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
- Laying Foundations for Future Growth
- FIX Music Rewards Launches Next Generation Artist Tools
- 3x Award-winning Book "Love Loss Light" Speaks to Those in Grief
Candidates who wish to have their names placed on the special election ballot must file their applications with the secretary of state no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, in accordance with Section 201.054(a)(1) of the Texas Election Code.
Early voting by personal appearance shall begin on Monday, October 21, 2019, in accordance with Section 85.001(a) and (c) of the Texas Election Code.
A copy of this order shall be mailed immediately to the Fort Bend County Judge which is the county within which Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 is wholly contained, and all appropriate writs shall be issued and all proper proceedings shall be followed to the end that said election may be held to fill the vacancy in Texas State House of Representatives District No. 28 and its result proclaimed in accordance with law.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 13th day of August, 2019.
View a PDF of the proclamation
Latest on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Texas Workforce Investment Council
- Is Big Pharma Ready to Meet the Challenges of Election Year 2020?
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Buying Buddy IDX CRM solution now available for North Texas Real Estate Info Systems - NTREIS MLS
- The Outlook for American Manufacturing in 2020: Three Scenarios
- City of Fort Worth and SmartLight Analytics Form Partnership to Reduce Healthcare Costs
- Quality Bedding Supplies: Create Your Ideal Sleeping Environment
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- Parks Associates: Fitbit Favored Among Older US Consumers for Fitness Trackers, Smart Watches, and GPS Sports Watches
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- Advance™ BMS uses PromoStandards to dramatically cut product search times
- CEO Ministry Celebrates 20th Annual Marketplace Fair for Small Businesses
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- San Antonio: New FitLot Exercise Station Opening at Normoyle Park
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Nine To Trinity River Authority Board Of Directors
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence