I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, do hereby certify that severe storms occurring on June
9, 2019, have caused widespread damage to the electrical infrastructure in North Texas.
Therefore, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Sections 418.016, 418.017,
and 418.025 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby declare a limited purpose disaster.
Based on the existence of electrical infrastructure damage, I direct that all necessary measures, both public and private as authorized under Section 4 18.017, be implemented to
Pursuant to Section 4 18.016, I hereby suspend the statutes and regulations administered by
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Williamson To Aerospace And Aviation Advisory Committee
- Local Chef and Restaurant Owner Leads San Antonio's Efforts to Advance Seafood Sustainability through Nationally-Renowned Program
- Governor Abbott Appoints Jerry Romero To Texas Workforce Investment Council
- Hercules Real Estate Services Acquires First Community In Jacksonville, FL
- Buffalo's Oldest Orthodox Christian Church Celebrates 125th Anniversary
the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, to the extent necessary to facilitate the restoration
of electricity in North Texas. The executive director of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles is directed to impose all necessary and proper conditions and restrictions regarding this suspension and shall notify the Texas Department of Public Safety and the motor carrier industry of this suspension.
This suspension is in effect for 30 days or until terminated by the Office of the Governor.
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed
with the applicable authorities.
View a PDF of the proclamation
Latest on Txylo.com
- Reality TV Star's Husband, Dallas Fire Department and Operation Kindness Save Kitten
- North Texas' Expansion Club FF Premier is Promoted to UPSL Division II in First Year
- Triage Partners Licenses WipIT™ SaaS to Global Logistics Company
- Blackhawk Plastic Surgery Welcomes Expert Plastic Surgeon, Timothy Rankin MD
- Wellquest Medical expands Patient Care Services now Offering Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Western Publisher, Outlaws Publishing Scores Number One with Mike Mackessy's "Broken Dog Ranch"
- Home Mobility Supplies: Explore Premium Mobility Goods for Easier Moving
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Merakey Opens First Autism Center in Fort Worth
- One Park Financial Honored with "Company of the Year" Stevie® Award
- Tax Expert and Advisor Barry G. Fowler, EA On Making Sure Important Paperwork Is Out Of Harm's Way
- MoxieBridge Acquires Midtown Office Center, a 169,808-Square-Foot, Two-Building Office Campus
- WEB VIDEO: Texas Celebrates Beer-To-Go Sales
- Star Launches New Tool for Branding Made Simple
- D. Howard Armstrong's new book "Murder at 221 Beacon Hill" is Now Available
- National ATM Council Announces Debbi Haacke as Vice-Chair of NAC Governmental Affairs Committee
- Marvel Marketers Accelerates Growth with Opening of New Austin Office
- Aura Alliance Partners with InfoPlus
- Experience Nature & Samurai Culture, Early Autumn in Nikko and Aizu, Japan
- Of Accuhealth Technologies Llc, Stephen Samson, And Boby Deveros