- San Antonio: District 1 and World Heritage Office Partner to Support Local Restaurants with Eat on the Street Program
- City of San Antonio, Bexar County, San Antonio Food Bank will continue to operate bottled water distribution sites
- Nano-technology alliance of Supreme Pharmatech and Professor M.R.Mozafari, a global nano technology expert
ABOTA is an invitation-only national association of 7,600 experienced trial lawyers and judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees the right to civil jury trials. ABOTA's primary goal is to educate the American public about the history and value of the right to trial by jury and is dedicated to elevating the standards of skill, integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession.
Ms. Weatherly is a founding partner at Wood Weatherly Trial Law in Denton, Texas, practicing personal injury and civil trial law for nearly 30 years. Ms. Weatherly has served as a National Board Member for ABOTA since 2008, the President of TEX-ABOTA (which consists of all 1,600 members in Texas), and as President of the Dallas Chapter.
More on Txylo.com
- Nadula Hair Super Member's Day-Unbelievable Lower Price
- Riveron Appoints Julie Howard As New Chief Executive Officer
- Stronger Women Announces New Executive Director
- Steel Curtain U Partners With Mainline to Create Div. II, NAIA-Focused, Collegiate Entity, Launch Esports™
- Houston: Mayor Turner Partners with Ismaili Council for Food and Water Distribution
Prior to swearing in Ms. Weatherly, Judge Moore applauded ABOTA's commitment to civics education to enable future generations to understand the importance of the jury trial in maintaining the separation of powers on which our democracy depends.
"We have the most dynamic system of justice in the world. And the strength of the system that most of us in this room have committed our professional lives to is only as strong as its three parts: the judiciary, the attorneys, and our juries. Of those three, we rarely focus on the quality of the jury system," Judge Moore said. "It is often underappreciated."
Ms. Weatherly has emphasized increasing diversity of ABOTA's leaders and members, and applauded its efforts. "Increasing the diversity of ABOTA not only makes our organization more relevant and reflective of the society in which we serve, but it also promotes tolerance in our justice system," Weatherly said. "ABOTA's unique structure consisting of both plaintiff and defense lawyers with substantial trial experience makes it the best organization to change the public image of the judicial system and its advocates to help us spread our message about protecting the Seventh Amendment and an independent judiciary."
More on Txylo.com
- Vizient Announces Continuing Education Credits in Supplier Diversity
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of PEP Travel Group and Waldron McCritty, CEO of BE LUX, Alumni of ASCEND 2020, form teaming alliance to promote Luxury Hospitality
- Tyler Technologies, Inc. Prices Offering of $525 Million Convertible Senior Notes due 2026
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Calls for More Small Business Representation on Ready to Work Advisory Board
- Tech Majors Zixi, Tata Communications, And VIVE Network To Bring The Biggest Women's Professional Boxing Pay Per View, Globally
Ms. Weatherly also delivered a brief message regarding the importance of civility in our nation's discourse, whether it be by the members of the bar, elected officials, or casual posts on social media.
"We cannot combat hate with more hate. Words matter. We need to be measured and thoughtful to avoid using rhetoric that polarizes our fellow citizens, colleagues, neighbors, and families, as well as other ABOTA members with whom we have a difference of opinion, belief or values," Ms. Weatherly said.
Ms. Weatherly is an alumna of the Dedman SMU School of Law (1993), the University of North Texas (1990), North Central Texas College and Gainesville (Texas) High School (1979).
For more information contact:
Brian Tyson at (800) 932-2682
SOURCE American Board of Trial Advocates
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- SureCloud to Support Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island with Governance, Risk and Compliance Solution
- Dallas Firm Hosts First Annual Rookie Symposium & Showcase
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case
- I Am Phreshy Brand & Jmulan Agency Presents Hope For Houston Winter Storm Relief
- Liquid Core® Gum Company announces TDA Boulder Creative Director Jonathan Schoenberg has joined its Advisory Board
- myLAB Box Launches 16 New At-Home Tests, Offering Comprehensive Health Monitoring from the Comfort of Home
- Zilker Partners Acquires Growth Digital, Forming One-of-a-Kind Firm
- Cinemark USA, Inc. Announces Launch of $405 Million Senior Notes
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- San Antonio: District 3 attends groundbreaking of another first at Brooks
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Dallas company provides AV integration, structured cabling to developers in DFW
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- San Antonio: Select Committee on the 2021 Winter Storm Preparedness and Response to host first meeting this Friday, March 5, 2021
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces USDA Disaster Designation For 23 Counties
- Epsilyte Moving Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) Prices up to Keep Pace With Escalating Costs
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO