- San Antonio: San Antonians Invited to Create Public Art Mural for Historic Market Square
- Texas: Operation Lone Star Transports Over 900 Migrants To Nation's Capital, Continues Joint Border Security Efforts With Mexican Governors
- San Antonio: Residents Invited to Share their Vision for the South Community Area
HOUSTON , May 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Back in 1954, when Jimmie D. Martin, Sr. launched The JD Martin Company, Inc. (JDM) — the company that still bears his name — in Dallas, Texas he and his wife had a clear vision: to build a financially successful company sustained by hard work, dedication and run it with absolute integrity.
Martin's wife, Eulila, played a key management role in the early growth of the business serving as the bookkeeper. Then, over the course of the next 68 years, their son (Jim Martin, Jr.) and son-in-law (Jim Carr) each joined the business to support and expand on that early vision.
Jim Carr, who has spent more than 53 years as a professional in the electrical distribution business, has announced his retirement from the company, effective May 11. Carr is the Chairman Emeritus and will continue to consult with the company.
Greg Baker, CEO/President, said, "Jim has been a great friend and mentor to me and a solid leader for the business. I'm excited and happy he's chosen to continue to stay involved as an advisor."
More on Txylo.com
- Fluor Issues Statement Regarding Recent Decision on Pantex Plant and Y-12 National Security Complex Contract Award
- Service Compression Announces Transformative Growth Capital Investment, Permian Basin Acquisition, and Electric Newbuild Program
- Global Changemakers Celebrate Black Women In Film At Cannes Film Festival In Response To Gross Underrepresentation In Competition, over 75-years
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Wildfire Disaster Declaration In May 2022
- Governor Abbott Discusses Texas' Booming Economy During Roundtable With Business Leaders In Richland Hills
In addition to serving as the CEO/President, as he has done for the past 15 years, Baker is now the majority owner in JDM. Carr said, "Greg's built a capable and strong team with great leaders in all our markets. I'm incredibly confident he will continue to move the JD Martin legacy forward."
ABOUT JD MARTIN:
JD Martin Company is an electrical manufacturers' representative agency that sells and markets premier lines of electrical products to OEM and MRO contractors, and end-user markets through wholesale distribution. For more than 68 years, we have supported industries such as oil & gas, mining, steel, waste water treatment, wind power generation and commercial construction. We offer impactful solutions and sell electrical products, through qualified electrical distributor channels, in over 14 states in territories that include Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, The Carolinas and Florida. To learn more about JD Martin click here.
SOURCE JD Martin Co.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- TOPdesk Receives Two TrustRadius Customer "Top Rated" Awards
- Grayhawk Capital Receives U.S. Small Business Administration Investment Company of the Year Award
- ThoroughCare Announces $3 Million Capital Raise to Advance Care Coordination for Value-Based Care
- PROS Appoints Grad Conn as Chief Marketing Officer
- Local Burger Joint Challenges Competitive Eaters of All Ranks to Compete in Food Fight Fridays
- Stellus Capital Management, LLC Provides Unitranche Financing in Support of Mill Point Capital LLC's Acquisition of Cancos Tile & Stone
- New Invicti research indicates that 65% of cybersecurity professionals and app developers believe they've saved their companies $1M+ this year by preventing breaches
- Laboratory inventory management system
- San Antonio Tech Startup Shares Beta at Geekdom Mixer
- Governor Abbott Touts Texas' Economic Success At Rio Grande Valley Business Summit In McAllen
- Caracara Services Forms Strategic Gas Treatment Joint Venture to Increase Sequestration Access, Drive Toward Carbon Neutrality
- San Antonio: Stone Oak Area Residents Invited to Share their Vision for the Community
- San Antonio: District 7 Councilmember Thanks Harvard Business Students Advancing Sustainability
- San Antonio: District 6 Councilwoman Travels to Washington to Participate in the HOPE Binational Fellowship
- 1040 Abroad publishes authoritative guide on the Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) and form 1116
- Rebuilding Together Day: 40 years and nearly 15,000 homes rebuilt in Houston
- Helix and Microsoft to Speak on Financial Inclusion at the Finovate Spring Conference in San Francisco
- Topgolf Expanding Pennsylvania Footprint with Two New Venues
- J.L. Sullivan Announces the Release of From Brick & Darkness
- HOP WTR Mixed Packs Are Finding a New Home at an H-E-B Near You