- NETSTREIT Corp. Announces Pricing of Upsized Forward Common Stock Offering
- NuStar to Participate in the 2022 UBS Winter Infrastructure & Energy Conference
- Gulfstream Legal Group Announces 2022 eDiscovery Webinar Series
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Navigator CO2 Ventures LLC ("Navigator") announced today that it has entered into an agreement with OCI N.V.'s wholly-owned Iowa Fertilizer Company facility ("OCI") to provide CO2 transportation and storage services on its carbon capture and storage (CCS) system, the Heartland Greenway.
The project is backed by BlackRock's Global Energy & Power Infrastructure Fund III, which invests in essential, long-term infrastructure assets, and is commercially anchored by Valero.
The agreement signed by both companies outlines the key terms for Navigator to provide CO2 transportation and storage services under a long-term agreement for up to 1,130,000 metric tons of CO2 per year, equivalent to the carbon emissions of approximately 245,000 vehicles driven annually. The project will have two phases, with the first phase focused on process gas representing approximately 500,000 metric tons of CO2 per year, and the second phase for the balance, subject to regulatory enhancements of the 45Q program to make installation of the required post-combustion capture equipment economically feasible.
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: District 6 Councilwoman Announces More COVID-19 Testing to Meet Increased Demand
- San Antonio: List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics for January 15 - 22
- 456 Collectors Club Presale Sold Out: Worlds First NFT Art Club Makes History
- Governor Abbott, TDEM Ready State Resources In Response To Elevated Fire Weather Throughout Texas
- Stellus Capital Investment Corporation Announces First Quarter 2022 Monthly Dividends
When the new infrastructure is installed, the project has the capability to capture and store materially all of the CO2 emissions from Iowa's largest fertilizer plant. Start of operations for the first phase is expected at the end of 2024.
"OCI is a global leader in the ammonia and nitrogen fertilizer industries - an important component of agriculture - and forward thinking in their plans for decarbonization. We're excited to embark on this project with them to provide a long-term and cost-effective solution for handling their CO2 emissions," says Navigator CEO, Matt Vining. "State-of-the-art nitrogen producers like OCI play a critical role in decarbonizing the agricultural supply chain, as well as industrial feedstocks and fuels, and we look forward to advancing a greener future together."
Navigator will be working with other industrial processing plants in the Midwest to adopt a more sustainable approach in the execution of their services and aid in the reduction of their carbon footprints through Heartland Greenway.
Once fully expanded, the Heartland Greenway will be able to capture and sequester 15 million metric tons of CO2 annually, which, according to EPA estimates, is equivalent to eliminating the annual carbon footprint of the Des Moines metro area three times over.
Ahmed El-Hoshy, CEO of OCI NV commented: "We are excited to partner with Navigator on this project which allows for an effective and quick solution to reduce our CO2 footprint and offer low carbon products to our customers across the value chain from our world-scale facility in Iowa. We are monitoring the on-going discussions in Congress around enhancements to the 45Q program to support the project economics and potentially open the opportunity to widen the scope of this project to capture more CO2. This agreement follows the announcement earlier this year that we have the ability to produce up to 365,000 metric tons per year of blue ammonia at OCI Beaumont in Texas, and blue and green ammonia projects in Abu Dhabi and Egypt, and marks another milestone towards achieving our sustainability goals and progressing towards a greener future."
More on Txylo.com
- Gulf Coast Ultra Deep Royalty Trust Announces Quarterly Cash Distribution
- San Antonio: Public Hearing for the Naming of Southside Lions Community Center & Gym to Ramon V. Quintero Community Center
- San Antonio: Metro Health to Host COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Pop-up Clinic on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Is Cloning A Thing? How is Your DNA Involved in This?
- Circulus Holdings Announces New Chief Executive Officer
The agreement is subject to finalization of definitive documents.
About Navigator CO2 Ventures
Navigator CO2 Ventures is a company developed and managed by the Navigator Energy Services (Navigator) management team. The company specializes in carbon capture and storage (CCS), and the management team has safely constructed and operated over 1,000 miles of midstream infrastructure since being founded in 2012. Navigator CO2 Ventures will be hiring skilled individuals to fill new offices across the Heartland Greenway footprint in the Midwest United States, and we are committed to building and operating our projects to meet and exceed safety requirements while minimizing the collective impact on the environment, landowners, and the public during construction and ongoing operations. For more information about NavigatorCO2 and the Heartland Greenway, visit our websites at: navigatorco2.com and heartlandgreenway.com.
About OCI N.V.
OCI N.V. (Euronext: OCI) is a leading global producer and distributor of nitrogen and methanol products providing lower carbon fertilizers, fuels, and feedstocks to agricultural, transportation, and industrial customers around the world. OCI's production capacity spans four continents and comprises approximately 16.2 million metric tons per year of nitrogen fertilizers, methanol, biofuels, diesel exhaust fluid, melamine, and other nitrogen products. OCI has more than 3,600 employees, is headquartered in the Netherlands and listed on Euronext in Amsterdam.
Navigator CO2 Ventures will provide CO2 transportation and storage services to OCI N.V.'s wholly-owned Iowa Fertilizer Company facility.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- NETSTREIT Corp. Announces Closing of Forward Common Stock Offering and Full Exercise of Underwriters' Option to Purchase Additional Shares
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces $10 Million In Spaceport Trust Fund Grants
- San Antonio: City Council Approves New Affordable Loma Vista Apartments in District 5
- San Antonio: Hiplet Ballerinas
- Mitochondria Gallery Presents "dawn," A Solo Exhibition By Sesse Elangwe
- Leading Platform for Financial NFTs, Pledge, Adds Stanford Professor Jeff Strnad to Advisory Board
- Upstream M&A Rises 25% YOY in 2021 to $66 Billion
- Remington College in Webster, Greenspoint now offer 8-month Cosmetology Diploma Program
- uShip Delivers Record Growth in 2021, Welcomes New CTO
- Governor Abbott Appoints Three to Texas Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- San Antonio: City announces Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Schedule of City Services
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Three to Nursing Facility Administrators Advisory Committee
- Regent Properties Enters Austin Texas Market with Acquisition of CBD Office Tower
- American Campus Communities Announces Capital Recycling Activity via Joint Venture with Harrison Street's Social Infrastructure Platform
- TRU Staffing Partners Celebrates Data Privacy Day
- ASI Acquires OpenWater, the Market-Leading Provider of Application & Review Software and Virtual Event Management Solutions
- Summit Midstream Partners, LP Announces Preliminary Results of Series A Preferred Unit Exchange Offer
- Genesis Energy, L.P. Declares Quarterly Distribution
- TPG Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Nadula.com Has Started a Live Feed for Mobile Users! Check it Out!