SAN ANTONIO (September 17, 2020) – Today, City Council voted to approve the proposed FY 2021 budget. The following statement was released in response to today's vote:
"This year's budget reflects the hard work of City staff and fellow councilmembers in ensuring that our neighbors' needs are being met, even during a global pandemic. This was an extremely difficult year. Many thanks to City Manager Erik Walsh and his team and to the organizations and community members who took the time to express their budget priorities. We appreciate each of you for partaking in the process.
More on Txylo.com
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Three To Governor's Committee To Support The Military
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- First Command Reports Third Quarter 2020 Holdings for AMS Program and Banking Affiliate
Despite the bleak assessment earlier this year, City staff was able to recover quite a bit of funding for important core services in our general fund. We were able to fund public safety, parks, libraries, and other services at important to our community here in District 10. As a Council, we have committed $102 million for street maintenance programming, with District 10 receiving $12.5 million of that funding.
Passing a balanced budget is one of the most critical tasks of the City Council. Although this is not the most robust budget we've seen, I am proud that this budget meets the core requirements determined by our City Charter. The budget document is the most important contract we make with our neighbors each fiscal year. As we begin the next fiscal year, there is uncertainty; however, the budget approved today is balanced. We are hopeful that there will be a pathway to economic recovery that places us in a better financial position moving forward."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Sports journalist Sierra Nicole wants to help 'sports shy' women navigate sports through #SportsBae
- Frisco Real Estate Agent Shortens Selling Timeline for Local Homeowners
- How CCTV Offers Business Owners Greater Confidence in Safety
- The City of Houston Announces Recommendations for Reopening Sanctuaries and Faith-Based Organizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- McKesson's Board of Directors Elects Linda Mantia as New Independent Director
- Spark Connected Announces New 300W Industrial Wireless Charging Solution Powered by AURIX™
- Kroh Exploration Acquires 18 Wellbores in North Texas!
- The Author Encounter is Hosting Indie Author Day Event
- SignOnSite is licensed by Trillium to provide a unique contactless worksite safety platform to help manage risk for complex construction projects
- Locked And Loaded Website Release
- City of San Antonio's Renters' Commission Survey Deadline Extended to October 31
- Fast House Buyers Offers the Easiest Home Selling Process in San Antonio
- Behavioral Health Group Expands to Nine Locations in Alabama with Acquisition of Recovery Treatment Centers in Huntsville and Stevenson
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $296 Million In Funding For Public Safety Initiatives In Texas
- San Antonio Public Library to hold Virtual Community Meeting
- World Renowned Hacker Starts Comic Company, Quickly Exceeds Kickstarter Goal
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- Global Real Estate Firm Harwood International Unveils Design Of Its Tallest Office Tower
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland