SAN ANTONIO (Oct. 9, 2019) — The San Antonio City Council is going on the road again, bringing enhanced convenience and accessibility to residents during its regularly scheduled B session meeting on Oct. 16. The B session on the road will be held at the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center beginning at 2 p.m. and will be livestreamed at SanAntonio.gov/TVSA. Citizens to be Heard will also be held outside of Council Chambers beginning at 6 p.m.
"During this installment of City Council on the Road we'll be discussing two important topics, one of which has the potential to greatly affect each and every resident in Bexar County in way they might not realize—the 2020 Census," said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. "We are proud that this conversation will be had in a manner and location that promotes greater convenience and ease of attendance."
More on Txylo.com
- PDR Expands Its Texas Footprint with Regional Office in Dallas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Rehabilitation Council Of Texas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Miller And Young To Texas Early Learning Council
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Texas: Nominations Now Open For The 2020 Governor's Volunteer Awards
A B Session is a meeting in which the Council typically receives briefings on specific topics. The Oct. 16 meeting will include a briefing on the 2020 Census Complete Count effort as well as a briefing on Pre-K 4 SA.
"By bringing City Council meetings on the road, we are putting the Public Participation Guiding Principles that City Council adopted earlier this year into action," said City Manager Erik Walsh. "I invite our residents to join us at Pre-K 4 SA to learn about our efforts to secure a complete count for the 2020 Census, see the great work being done to educate our youngest residents and speak up during Citizens to be Heard."
Following the B session meeting, the City Council will host Citizens to be Heard at the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center at 6 p.m. Citizens to be heard is an opportunity for residents to address City Council about any issue. Residents may sign up to speak up on any topic important to them on Wednesday evenings. State law (Sec. 551.042) prohibits Councilmembers from responding.
More on Txylo.com
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Platform Partners Completes Minority Investment in Alliance Payroll Services
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
"Pre-K 4 SA is excited to lend our facility for the Oct. 16 B Session," said Pre-K 4 SA CEO Sarah Baray. "It gives residents the unique opportunity to learn about the great things our team does, while allowing them to see where it all happens with their own eyes."
Online registration is available from 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. the day of the meeting (Oct. 16) at SanAntonio.gov/Clerk/CitizensToBeHeard. Residents may also register in-person in the lobby of the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center from 4 – 6:00 p.m. A full list of frequently asked questions regarding Citizens to be Heard can be found here.
Schedule of Events:
B Session Begins
Briefing on 2020 Census Complete Count effort
Briefing on the Pre-K 4 SA
In-person registration for Citizens to be Heard opens
Citizens to be heard begins
Latest on Txylo.com
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- CenterPoint Energy Announces Sale of CenterPoint Energy Services Business to Energy Capital Partners
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Kosmos Energy Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Texas: Governor Abbott Delivers Remarks At The Longview Sesquicentennial Ball
- AT&T Mobility, Communications Workers of America Reach Tentative Agreement in Mobility Southwest Contract Negotiations
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- San Antonio: DISTRICT 1 COUNCILMAN ROBERTO TREVIÑO TO HOST RENTERS COMMISSION TOWN HALL MEETING
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- CDC and City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health District confirm two COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) cases within quarantined Diamond Princess cruise federal evacuees at Lackland Air Force Base
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Estevez Presiding Judge Of Ninth Administrative Judicial Region
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Expanding Austin Market Presence With New Bee Cave Location
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Hyperion Announces 2020 MarketViewTM Release Calendar
- ERF Wireless, Inc. Forms New Subsidiary to Acquire Oil and Gas Assets
- San Antonio: Long Awaited Shade Canopies, Other Improvements Coming to Nani Falcone Park