SAN ANTONIO (Oct. 9, 2019) — The San Antonio City Council is going on the road again, bringing enhanced convenience and accessibility to residents during its regularly scheduled B session meeting on Oct. 16. The B session on the road will be held at the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center beginning at 2 p.m. and will be livestreamed at SanAntonio.gov/TVSA. Citizens to be Heard will also be held outside of Council Chambers beginning at 6 p.m.
"During this installment of City Council on the Road we'll be discussing two important topics, one of which has the potential to greatly affect each and every resident in Bexar County in way they might not realize—the 2020 Census," said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. "We are proud that this conversation will be had in a manner and location that promotes greater convenience and ease of attendance."
More on Txylo.com
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- New website offers comprehensive database for finding, managing local events
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
A B Session is a meeting in which the Council typically receives briefings on specific topics. The Oct. 16 meeting will include a briefing on the 2020 Census Complete Count effort as well as a briefing on Pre-K 4 SA.
"By bringing City Council meetings on the road, we are putting the Public Participation Guiding Principles that City Council adopted earlier this year into action," said City Manager Erik Walsh. "I invite our residents to join us at Pre-K 4 SA to learn about our efforts to secure a complete count for the 2020 Census, see the great work being done to educate our youngest residents and speak up during Citizens to be Heard."
Following the B session meeting, the City Council will host Citizens to be Heard at the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center at 6 p.m. Citizens to be heard is an opportunity for residents to address City Council about any issue. Residents may sign up to speak up on any topic important to them on Wednesday evenings. State law (Sec. 551.042) prohibits Councilmembers from responding.
More on Txylo.com
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
- Braeden Lichti: Investing in Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Applauds Coming Improvements to Gilbert Garza Park
- San Antonio: Councilman Treviño supports expansion of RAICES offices in Five Points
- Councilman Peláez Applauds Adoption of CAAP and San Antonio's Move Towards Resiliency
"Pre-K 4 SA is excited to lend our facility for the Oct. 16 B Session," said Pre-K 4 SA CEO Sarah Baray. "It gives residents the unique opportunity to learn about the great things our team does, while allowing them to see where it all happens with their own eyes."
Online registration is available from 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. the day of the meeting (Oct. 16) at SanAntonio.gov/Clerk/CitizensToBeHeard. Residents may also register in-person in the lobby of the Pre-K 4 SA East Education Center from 4 – 6:00 p.m. A full list of frequently asked questions regarding Citizens to be Heard can be found here.
Schedule of Events:
B Session Begins
Briefing on 2020 Census Complete Count effort
Briefing on the Pre-K 4 SA
In-person registration for Citizens to be Heard opens
Citizens to be heard begins
Latest on Txylo.com
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- New Book - Cybersecurity: The Children's Guide to Being Safe Online
- Doctor Unveils the Path to Better 'Lifestyle and Longevity'
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Welcomes Promising Early Results of Cite and Release Policy
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- Polish-American family opens Ziggy's Kielbasa House deli in Leander, Texas
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- New Projects For Tree Cutting Available With Battalion Tree Service For Hardin County Texas Beaumont
- What are the Best University Programs for Starting a Career in Manufacturing?
- UNCF Stops in Fort Worth/Dallas; Awarding Thousands in Scholarship Dollars
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- Clinical 2.0 to Increase Value & Profitability of Clinical Pathology Labs
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- An Overview of Google Translate vs Human Spanish Translation Services
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- San Antonio: Councilman Courage's Statement on Tragic Loss of Firefighter Greg Garza
- Councilwoman Rebecca Viagran Shares Condolences on Fallen San Antonio Firefighter Greg Garza