Ximena.Copa-Wiggins@sanantonio.gov, (210) 207-0221
SAN ANTONIO (Aug. 7, 2020) – The Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) received an application from a Westside homeowner to designate 498 parcels in the city's Historic Westside neighborhood as part of the proposed Buena Vista Historic District. The district would stretch east to west from Brazos to Zarzamora, and north to south from Buena Vista to Cesar Chavez.
"The proposed Buena Vista Historic District is a wonderful opportunity to help San Antonians better understand the important and often central role the Westside, its business owners, and its residents have played in the story of our city," said Shanon Miller, director of OHP.
OHP is planning to hold three virtual public meetings:
More on Txylo.com
- American Mensa Celebrates Its Diamond Jubilee
- Uncle Funcle's Launces Free eCard Shop!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Sends Letter To White House Requesting Major Disaster Declaration For Hurricane Laura
- Cravey Real Estate Services, Inc. Completes Sale of 9,014 SF Building Leased to Dollar General
- Responsible Journalism Should Be Letting America Know About Jade Simmons After Debate Debacle
- Friday, Aug. 7 at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19 at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12 at 11 a.m.
Meetings will be accessible to public by calling (210) 206-LIVE (5483), OHP Facebook page, or by visiting www.sanantonio.gov/DSD/Boards/MeetingVideos.
For more information about this proposed district, staff has established a hotline (210) 207-7968 with audio presentations available 24/7 in both English and Spanish. Video presentations in both English and Spanish are available at tinyurl.com/buenavistasa.
The process, expected to take the better part of a year, will begin with OHP staff reaching out to homeowners through mail, door hangers, social media, and a large banner at the corner of Buena Vista and Pinto. Next week, owners inside the proposed boundary will receive a ballot by mail to indicate whether they support the proposed new district. Once 51% of the owners (within proposed boundary) indicate their support, the item will be heard by the Historic and Design Review Commission, Zoning Commission, and City Council.
More on Txylo.com
- NexPoint Real Estate Finance, Inc. Announces Preferred Stock Dividend
- Improve Organic Search Traffic - Get Organic Traffic
- Intoxicating Wellness – A Mother And Daughter's Journey To Wellness And Sustainable Travel
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Federally Funded COVID-19 Testing Sites In McLennan County
- Affinity Chemical LLC Announces Its Expansion with the Construction of Two New Specialty Chemical Facilities
Benefits for owner-occupied homes included in the boundary include 20% off city taxes for 10 years and the opportunity to extend the incentive for five years after. Both homeowners and those with non-residential properties can take advantage of the city's substantial rehabilitation tax incentive. Owners who invest 30% or more of the pre-rehabilitation improvement value of their property can choose to either freeze city taxes for 10 years or pay no city taxes for five years followed by five years at half the assessed value.
Those with questions about the proposed district should call the historic district hotline at (210) 207-7968 and choose option 2 to leave a message for staff.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Jacobs Selected by United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority to Support Nuclear Fusion Research
- Matador Resources Company Announces Date of Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release
- Electronic Transaction Consultants, LLC (ETC) Signs a Contract with High Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE) for a Next-generation Roadside Tolling System
- San Antonio: Forest Hills Branch Library to Undergo Renovations
- Rachel Hailey and FyreSyde Publishing Announce the Release of Sleeping with Shadows
- Vera Jane Cook Announces the Release of Marybeth, Hollister & Jane
- San Antonio: Metro Health Alerts Public of Ozone Action Day
- Greenwich LifeSciences, Inc. Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering
- EOG Resources Publishes 2019 Sustainability Report
- Governor Abbott Provides Update On Texas' Response To Deadly Ameba Found In Lake Jackson Water Supply
- Nevada School District Contact Center Receives 25,000+ Calls To Support Remote Student Learning
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. Reaffirms Commitment to Canadian Stylist Community and Beauty Consumers; Completes Acquisition of Professional Beauty Products Distributor La Maison Ami-Co Inc.; Expands Options on sallybeauty.ca
- $1 Tacos Are Back At Taco Cabana
- San Antonio: Equity and Environmental Justice Important Considerations for Future Transportation Projects
- Arduino Based CAN Bus, LIN Bus, Ethernet Development And Prototyping Boards For Automotive And Industrial Applications
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Four To OneStar National Service Commission
- Downtown San Antonio buildings to light up RED in support of Fallen Firefighters and the SAFD's own Greg Garza
- Karen Tobiasen sets out to transform our lives and businesses with 'The Heart Revolution'
- Virtual Lean Six Sigma and Artificial Intelligence Conference Helps Solve Problems in Year of Pandemic
- Award-winning jazz singer/composer Kathy Sanborn releases a very special "America the Beautiful" for freedom lovers everywhere