- Young Caleb Marshall Held 3 years in jail without trial on False Allegation Charges
- The largest and oldest Festival of Islamic Arts is back!
- StrongNode.io Welcomes Fintech and Digital Payments Expert Eliza Hayashi as its New Advisor ahead of its $SNE Token Launch
SAN ANTONIO (October 12, 2021) San Antonio Parks and Recreation, in partnership with Council District 2 and the Public Works Department, invites the community for an evening of fun activities, park project information, and a movie screening at the future site of the Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park (803 N. Cherry Street) on Friday, October 15, 2021. Family-friendly activities begin at 5:30 p.m. Disney Pixar's Monsters, Inc. will begin a dusk. This event is free and open to the public.
Guests can enjoy giant lawn games, make-and-take crafts, and fun fitness games provided by Parks and Recreation staff. Families are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes and join a costume parade before the film. Food trucks will have a variety of menu options including snacks, hamburgers, hotdogs, and drinks. Lawn chairs are welcome.
More on Txylo.com
- Be Suite By Beauty Entourage Expands Their Mobile Salon Fleet with an 18 Foot Glass Walled Truck
- San Antonio: Metro Health October 16 – 23 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces D6 Headquarters Relocation to Sulphur Springs
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- San Antonio: NATIONAL TEEN DRIVER SAFETY WEEK OCTOBER 17 – 23, 2021
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn about the Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park project and ways neighbors can share their stories about this historic and special place in east San Antonio. "During our public engagement process, the community highlighted the importance of the site's history and the unique stories of this space," said Homer Garcia III, Director of Parks and Recreation. "Our colleagues with the Public Works Department will be on site to provide information on how neighbors can share their stories about this historic neighborhood."
Partner organizations in attendance include Metro Health Department's Healthy Neighborhoods team presenting CommuniTree, Maternal Services, and tobacco-free living programs. The Carver Community Center will host African drumming and an interactive performance by TBow Gonzales. CPS Energy will also be on hand to provide community resources and assistance information.
Street parking and bicycle racks will be available. Restrooms and hand washing stations will be on-site. Social distancing and face coverings are recommended. Pets on leashes are welcome.
About the film: Monsters, Inc. (G) | 92 minutes | 2001
A little girl accidentally enters the land of monsters, where she befriends two creatures who work at a "scare factory."
Latest on Txylo.com
- 07:33 ET COVID-19 Battering Healthcare Workers with 1 in 3 Battling Depression as Pandemic Rages, CulturIntel Study Finds
- Activision and Electronic Arts Marketing Executive Kimberly Salzer Steps in as VP for Global Marketing of StrongNode.io
- Champions Kids Camp 9th Annual Golf Classic Honoring: Dave Elmendorf
- You Can Now Sell Your House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
- Weekend of empowerment benefitting victims of domestic violence, mental illness, and homelessness
- City of San Antonio and Bexar County Reach Major Milestone in its COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts
- Announcing Consumer Staples Exchange Launch
- Blockchain Ecosystem Exchange Launch
- San Antonio: The Divas of Eastwood Contemporary Songstresses Return to The Carver
- San Antonio: Council District 2 Office Hosts Movie at the Park
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Ana Sandoval hosting an Outdoor Family Movie and Vaccine Clinic at Woodlawn Lake Park
- Sunbeam Liable for $1.1 Million to Texas Woman Burned by Defective Space Heater
- CityLights presents "MVP Football: The Patrick Mahomes Experience" - Now Available on Oculus
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $36.4 Million In Funding For Operation Lone Star Initiatives In Texas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Eight to Aerospace and Aviation Advisory Committee
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Richard Tyler, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "SuccessOnomics Vol 3"
- Bad Girls Boxing LLC Presents The Return Of Bad Girls Boxing
- Community First Health Plan Now Offers Medicare Advantage Plans