C: 361-571-7269, Ryder.email@example.com
SAN ANTONIO (September 10, 2019) – On August 15th, City Council unanimously passed a resolution demanding federal and state action in response to the El Paso and Dayton, Ohio mass shootings. In addition, Council urged the US Senate to begin deliberations on bipartisan gun safety legislation that has been approved by the House of Representatives. The resolution also committed to review and identify local action that can be taken to enhance the safety of the City's residents.
"I want to congratulate Judge Wolff, Sheriff Javier Salazar, District Attorney Joe Gonzales, District Judges Peter Sakai and Monique Diaz for leading the County in the area of gun safety," stated Councilman John Courage. "There is no question that action must be taken. If we truly want a public safety change and less violence on our streets, we need to be united in our efforts. It's not always easy to take a stand in the face of controversy but these tragedies are now beyond politics."
More on Txylo.com
- PDR Expands Its Texas Footprint with Regional Office in Dallas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Rehabilitation Council Of Texas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Miller And Young To Texas Early Learning Council
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Texas: Nominations Now Open For The 2020 Governor's Volunteer Awards
Judge Wolff accompanied by Sheriff Salazar and other County Officials called for action this past Monday regarding gun violence. The Judge noted that nearly 4,000 guns were stolen from vehicles in San Antonio from 2016 to 2018 and that most guns used by convicted criminals were stolen or "acquired on the street." According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1,500 children under 18 died each year in accidental shootings or suicides involving guns from 2013 to 2017.
Councilman Courage and District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan have proposed a voluntary gun-buyback for the City of San Antonio. This proposal aims to use the City's asset forfeiture fund and be part of a multifaceted approach to increase public safety. Among the County Official's plans were increased public education, enhanced court efficiencies, expanded enforcement of laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, a ban on gun shows at county facilities and a wider distribution of gun locks. "I'm confident our voluntary buyback in partnership with the County's efforts will produce a safer San Antonio," said Councilman Courage.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- Vizient Named for the 5th Time as One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- All You Need To Know About Cupping Therapy
- 2nd Annual Unstoppable: Passion for a Purpose Luncheon to Feature Kendra Scott of Kendra Scott Jewelry as Keynote Speaker
- Local Nonprofit Announces 2019 - 2020 Volunteer Extraordinaire
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Thibodeaux To Advisory Council on Postsecondary Education for Persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- Digital Defense, Inc. Names Bob Layton as Chief Revenue Officer
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- CenterPoint Energy Announces Sale of CenterPoint Energy Services Business to Energy Capital Partners
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Kosmos Energy Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series