- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Increases Readiness Level of State Operations Center In Response To Tropical Storm Nicholas
SAN ANTONIO (July 23, 2021) — Today, the Mayor officially appointed Councilman Manny Pelaez to serve as the new chair of the Economic and Workforce Development Committee and re-appointed him as chair of the Intergovernmental Relations Committee. In response to this announcement, he issues the following statement:
"As a steadfast advocate for workers and small businesses in my career and time on council, I'm eager to get to work as the new chair of the Economic and Workforce Development Committee.
We recognize the challenges of workers and businesses in navigating our economic recovery in the face of uncertainty. Small businesses – which make up the majority of employers in San Antonio – and the employees that drive them have shown incredible resilience throughout the pandemic. It's now more critical than ever that we empower and support them on a path to prosperity.
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
While San Antonio is largely known for its tourism and hospitality industry, we are emerging as a hub for information technology, cyber security, advanced manufacturing, and medical research. We must continue to focus on growing these targeted industries by supporting our private-sector partners, attracting new investments, and equipping workers with the tools needed to obtain high wage and in-demand jobs.
San Antonio is making a historic investment in workforce development, and I also look forward to the opportunity to serve as an ex-officio member of the SA Ready to Work Advisory Board in the capacity as the Economic & Workforce Development chair.
In serving as Co-Chair of the State and Federal Advocacy Committee during the pandemic, I helped lead the calls for state and federal funds to come to San Antonio to support our COVID-19 recovery and resiliency programs. With ongoing concerns about the pandemic and continuing economic challenges, we will remain determined in our intergovernmental advocacy efforts to bring our tax dollars back home where they are needed.
I anticipate working with my colleagues on these committees, continuing the vital work of advocating for San Antonio, and taking a central role in inspiring entrepreneurs, empowering small business owners, and building up our workforce."
The Councilman was also appointed to the Governance Committee and the Audit and Accountability Committee.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilwoman Teri Castillo on the City of San Antonio's Finalized 2022 City Budget
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- San Antonio: District 2 Councilman Jalen McKee-Rodriguez's Statement on the Approval of the City Budget
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran's statement on passage of first budget amid the Covid-19 pandemic
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Begrudgingly Approves FY 2022 Budget
- Councilman Courage and Council Approve San Antonio 2022 Budget; Substantial District 9 Projects Funded
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval's Remarks on FY 2022 City Budget
- San Antonio: District 8 Councilman Praises FY 2022 Budget, including Investments in Resiliency and Public Safety
- San Antonio: District 6 FY 2022 Budget Accomplishments are a Culmination of Year-long Advocacy
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia's statement about the FY2022 Budget Adoption
- City of San Antonio Fiscal Year 2022 Adopted Capital and Operating Budget driven by community priorities
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Aviat Introduces High Availability Routing Software
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors