Ruben Lizalde, 210-207-7006
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 14, 2020) —Today, the Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) Committee voted to approve a resolution affirming the National League of Cities' (NLC) Leading Together Cities Agenda for the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election. The full City Council is expected to vote on the resolution later this month.
This resolution calls on all presidential candidates to adopt the following four priorities: building sustainable infrastructure, creating a skilled workforce, ending housing instability and homelessness, and reducing gun violence.
"The recommended NLC Leading Together Cities Agenda policy priorities were developed by a bipartisan task force with the National League of Cities to advocate for the needs of municipalities in concert with thousands of other cities across the nation," said Councilman Peláez, who chairs the IGR Committee.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Delivers Remarks At The Longview Sesquicentennial Ball
- AT&T Mobility, Communications Workers of America Reach Tentative Agreement in Mobility Southwest Contract Negotiations
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- San Antonio: DISTRICT 1 COUNCILMAN ROBERTO TREVIÑO TO HOST RENTERS COMMISSION TOWN HALL MEETING
"As local leaders, we are close to the ground and have a strong understanding of Americans' top priorities and concerns. Together, we envision an America that fosters strong partnerships between the federal government and local governments to address these priorities," he continued.
"It is an honor to be part of the National League of Cities 2020 Presidential Task Force that crafted this Leading Together Cities Agenda advancing the priorities of Americas' communities." said Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran "Working closely with this diverse group, we were able to develop key priorities that urges all candidates running for President to support this nonpartisan agenda and ensure all levels of government take cities priorities seriously."
"We have an excellent opportunity to take action and adopt a local resolution that I helped craft and brought forward to IGR today, guaranteeing that our residents' concerns are being heard by the candidates." said Viagran.
The National League of Cities is a resource and advocate for the nation's cities and their leaders; it currently serves more than 2,000 cities of all sizes from across the United States.
Visit NLC.org/citiesagenda to learn more about the Leading Together 2020 Cities Agenda.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Expanding Austin Market Presence With New Bee Cave Location
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Hyperion Announces 2020 MarketViewTM Release Calendar
- ERF Wireless, Inc. Forms New Subsidiary to Acquire Oil and Gas Assets
- San Antonio: Long Awaited Shade Canopies, Other Improvements Coming to Nani Falcone Park
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- United Real Estate Executive Recognized as Real Estate Industry Leader
- Fenway Group Announces Newest Client Partner
- Texas: Governor Abbott Establishes Customized Clemency Application For Survivors Of Human Trafficking And Domestic Abuse
- Governor Abbott Appoints Payne To Cancer Prevention And Research Institute Of Texas Oversight Committee
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Spire Agency Wins Big at the 2019 Annual Graphis Awards
- ALYI Hemp Battery Initiative Garners Attention as Hemp Market Seeks New Opportunities
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- CyrusOne Announces CEO Transition