Office: (210) 207-5785
SAN ANTONIO (September 17, 2020) – The following is a statement from Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia regarding the adoption of the FY 2021 Operating and Capital Budget totaling $2.9 billion:
"Today my colleagues and I unanimously approved the adoption of the FY 2021 Operating and Capital Budget without an increase in the tax rate for San Antonio residents and massive employee layoffs. Undoubtedly, this budget cycle was one of the most strenuous as we navigated through unchartered territory addressing a global pandemic and financial uncertainty with no end in sight. The proposed budget has been described as a 'moral document' reflective of the needs and priorities of the residents we were elected to serve.
More on Txylo.com
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Three To Governor's Committee To Support The Military
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- First Command Reports Third Quarter 2020 Holdings for AMS Program and Banking Affiliate
Although I may have supported the FY2021 budget, this in no way is an indication that our work concludes as the fiscal year begins. Our budget is dynamic and part of the social contract with the people of this City so we must commit ourselves to frequently reviewing and assessing how well we are living to the promises we make to our residents. This will not and cannot be another document we carefully scrutinize once and then store away.
We recognize shifting priorities and must rise up to the challenges as we weather the impact of this pandemic. The policy decisions we make and the figures we mull over have real-life consequences in the lives of so many people. We have an obligation to make the most sound and prudent decisions that will be most beneficial and mitigate negative outcomes."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Sports journalist Sierra Nicole wants to help 'sports shy' women navigate sports through #SportsBae
- Frisco Real Estate Agent Shortens Selling Timeline for Local Homeowners
- How CCTV Offers Business Owners Greater Confidence in Safety
- The City of Houston Announces Recommendations for Reopening Sanctuaries and Faith-Based Organizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- McKesson's Board of Directors Elects Linda Mantia as New Independent Director
- Spark Connected Announces New 300W Industrial Wireless Charging Solution Powered by AURIX™
- Kroh Exploration Acquires 18 Wellbores in North Texas!
- The Author Encounter is Hosting Indie Author Day Event
- SignOnSite is licensed by Trillium to provide a unique contactless worksite safety platform to help manage risk for complex construction projects
- Locked And Loaded Website Release
- City of San Antonio's Renters' Commission Survey Deadline Extended to October 31
- Fast House Buyers Offers the Easiest Home Selling Process in San Antonio
- Behavioral Health Group Expands to Nine Locations in Alabama with Acquisition of Recovery Treatment Centers in Huntsville and Stevenson
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $296 Million In Funding For Public Safety Initiatives In Texas
- San Antonio Public Library to hold Virtual Community Meeting
- World Renowned Hacker Starts Comic Company, Quickly Exceeds Kickstarter Goal
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- Global Real Estate Firm Harwood International Unveils Design Of Its Tallest Office Tower
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland