SAN ANTONIO (September 17, 2020) – Councilwoman Shirley Gonzales gave her approval today to the City's Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 budget, the final allocation of her tenure. The Councilwoman thanked the city staff as well as her council colleagues.
"This has been the most challenging budget process that my staff and I have been through," she said. "Difficult choices have been made harder by the COVID-19 pandemic and the fact that we have a balanced budget that meets our city's basic needs in a historically demanding time is a testament to the city staff's creativity and to the council's bold willingness to meet the challenge.
"While each council member has had to make allowances to meet the needs of the day, I'm grateful that many of the projects and programs proposed for District 5 were approved by my council colleagues."
Aside from meeting and continuing basic infrastructure and safety needs, the FY2021 Budget will fund:
More on Txylo.com
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Three To Governor's Committee To Support The Military
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- First Command Reports Third Quarter 2020 Holdings for AMS Program and Banking Affiliate
- $200k for an innovative Community Connectors pilot program that will train and place community members in five delegate agencies that serve District 5. These connectors will fill communication and access gaps that exist between government agencies, community organizations and residents who live in the most disadvantaged and disconnected areas. $895k for a new Centro Med Southside Elderly Clinic. The funds also cover needed COVID-19 operating and capital costs. This clinic is in District 5, but also serves District 3 & District 4. $500k matched by Alamo Community College District bond funds for expansion and improvements of the Westside Education Training Center (WETC) campus. The new WETC will serve residents enrolled in CoSA Workforce Training programs.
Also included in city department budget line item increases are:
- $250k for a Shotgun House restoration pilot project that will identify and rehabilitate three Shotgun Houses as affordable dwelling units.
After acknowledging the final budget vote of her tenure, Councilwoman Gonzales added that "while this is an accomplishment in very difficult times there is still much work to do in bringing parity and equity to residents of District 5."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Sports journalist Sierra Nicole wants to help 'sports shy' women navigate sports through #SportsBae
- Frisco Real Estate Agent Shortens Selling Timeline for Local Homeowners
- How CCTV Offers Business Owners Greater Confidence in Safety
- The City of Houston Announces Recommendations for Reopening Sanctuaries and Faith-Based Organizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- McKesson's Board of Directors Elects Linda Mantia as New Independent Director
- Spark Connected Announces New 300W Industrial Wireless Charging Solution Powered by AURIX™
- Kroh Exploration Acquires 18 Wellbores in North Texas!
- The Author Encounter is Hosting Indie Author Day Event
- SignOnSite is licensed by Trillium to provide a unique contactless worksite safety platform to help manage risk for complex construction projects
- Locked And Loaded Website Release
- City of San Antonio's Renters' Commission Survey Deadline Extended to October 31
- Fast House Buyers Offers the Easiest Home Selling Process in San Antonio
- Behavioral Health Group Expands to Nine Locations in Alabama with Acquisition of Recovery Treatment Centers in Huntsville and Stevenson
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $296 Million In Funding For Public Safety Initiatives In Texas
- San Antonio Public Library to hold Virtual Community Meeting
- World Renowned Hacker Starts Comic Company, Quickly Exceeds Kickstarter Goal
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- Global Real Estate Firm Harwood International Unveils Design Of Its Tallest Office Tower
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland