- ShearShare Partners with Insurance Leader for First-of-Its-Kind Usage-Based Insurance Products - 103
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Buy Website Traffic That Converts
SAN ANTONIO (November 19, 2020) – District 5 Councilwoman Shirley Gonzales spent Thursday morning taking the spirit of Thanksgiving to seniors in her community who cannot gather to celebrate because of COVID safety requirements.
"Every year we have a big Thanksgiving event where hundreds of people from our community gather to give thanks, share a meal and be in each other's company," Councilwoman Gonzales said, "but this year, because of COVID, we've had to do something different."
The District 5 team partnered with The Arizona Cafe and the Westwood Square Neighborhood Association to prepare and deliver 300 Thanksgiving meals to senior citizens who live throughout the district.
More on Txylo.com
- Telestax Delivers SMS for Microsoft Teams Bringing the Ability to Send and Receive Texts from within the Popular Collaboration Platform
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- MCI Diagnostic Center Performs COVID-19 Testing on Soccer Team
- MCI Diagnostic Center Opens Lab Headquarters In Dallas,Texas
"We wanted to make sure to celebrate the season with our seniors, but we also needed to keep them safe and guard their health. We are very grateful to our elders for all they've done for us, for the community they've built, for the love they've given and the sacrifices they've made."
District 5 has the highest COVID case and fatality rate in the city, mostly due to the fact that many District 5 residents work in essential capacities, cannot work remotely, live in multi-generational homes and in dense neighborhoods. Caring for seniors, especially in the holiday season that typically includes large gatherings, becomes a priority.
Planning is underway for this year's December Holiday celebration.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Reigning National Football League's DPOY, Stephon Gilmore, Hand Writes a Note to his Five-Year Old Son, Addressing Why "Black Lives Matter"
- Br. Dan O'Riordan Announces the Release of Never Too Young to Change the World
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Viagran extends a helping hand for Convoy of Hope event
- Comerica Bank's California Index Up Again
- Governor Abbott Announces Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Headquarters Relocation To Texas
- Plains All American Pipeline and Plains GP Holdings Announce Transfer of Stock Exchange Listings to Nasdaq
- Pets Change Our Lives - This Holiday, Petco Foundation Grants $860,000 to Save Theirs
- Governor Abbott Appoints MacNaughton To Advisory Committee To The Texas Board Of Criminal Justice On Offenders With Medical Or Mental Impairments
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Ries To State Pension Review Board
- Clearwater Living Certified as a Great Place to Work®
- Mouser Electronics Named Bourns 2019 North American e-Commerce Distributor of the Year
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Announces further expansion in Guinea
- TripDelivers Announces Today Partnering with Ghost Kitchen Brands of Canada and Ghost Kitchens USA
- Who Inspired Me the Most? Learn what I (Harry Javer) learned from Successful Top Entrepreneurs, Artists, & Celebrities I met with
- San Antonio: City invites residents to attend SA Climate Ready Forum on Friday, Dec. 4
- Customer Support Data Transformed into Powerful Intelligence with TeamInsights
- Houston: Mayor Turner Announces the Urban Prairie Resiliency Project
- Lonestar Resources US Inc. Successfully Completes Restructuring
- Moleculin Announces FDA Approves 3 Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WP1066
- EclecticIQ raises €20 million in Series C funding