(210) 207-8258; email@example.com
SAN ANTONIO (November 8, 2019) — District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan released the following statement regarding the approval of the Housing First Community Coalition's program, Housing First Communitas:
"The approval of the Housing First Communitas is truly a wonderful and much needed success for District 2," said the Councilwoman. "This will have a magnificent impact by providing housing to our city's homeless population, one of the most vulnerable communities in the City of San Antonio in a way that does not adversely impact the surrounding neighborhood."
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Department of Arts & Culture Shares Latest Creative Economy Data
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- San Antonio: Community input sought for Homeless Strategic Plan
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
On Thursday November 7, during the Council's A-Session, the Council approved the establishment of the Housing First Communitas, a set of housing units meant to provide homes to roughly 125 homeless citizens at a time.
"This is about dignity. Every day, our field offices receive calls wondering, 'When will you do something about the homeless population,' 'What is your plan for the homeless?' This isn't about forcing homeless people to relocate or hiding them away. It is about addressing the root cause of homelessness and making a transition back into the workforce a stronger reality. There is no one step solution and this is not a task that any of us can accomplish alone. We need to become the city that leads with compassion and respect, that offers shelter to those in need, that believes in the value of every individual who steps foot into our city, and makes choices to make the lives of our constituents a little bit easier. And today, with the help of our community leaders and organizations that have been doing the work, we took a huge step towards fulfilling that mission."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas Capital Bank launches all-digital Bask Bank, offering savers American Airlines AAdvantage® miles
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- TRECIG CIO & Cybersecurity Expert, Jim West, to speak at Texas Technology Summit
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Austin Stabbing
- Sliquid Introduces Buck Angel's T-Collection
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Austin Police Department Completes OSCR360 Crime Scene Investigation Training
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- Coalition of Franchisees Says Deaf Ears are Bad for the Brand; Calling for Change
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- Frog Appoints Robert Denegri as CEO
- XPERTI, Exclusive Talent Management Platform, Closes Technology Expert-Project Gap
- Houston Quinceanera Expo 03-01-2020 at George R. Brown
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. appoints Dr. Steven Marsh as Special IP Counsel