- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- The 4A's You Need to Have for a Successful Marriage
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Grand Prairie Designated As Music Friendly Community
SAN ANTONIO (September 3, 2021) – Six pallets stacked with binders, filler paper, notebooks, crayons, glue, scissors, erasers, pens and pencils will be delivered to the Northside Independent School District (NISD) where, as in many places across the city and state, school supplies are a little harder to come by this year.
"We've seen how COVID has affected global supply chains," said Councilwoman Cabello Havrda, "that slow-down has also affected the supplies that kids need for school."
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran's statement on passage of first budget amid the Covid-19 pandemic
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Begrudgingly Approves FY 2022 Budget
- Councilman Courage and Council Approve San Antonio 2022 Budget; Substantial District 9 Projects Funded
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval's Remarks on FY 2022 City Budget
- San Antonio: District 8 Councilman Praises FY 2022 Budget, including Investments in Resiliency and Public Safety
Since the beginning of the back-to-school season District 6 has delivered more than 12,000 supply-filled backpacks, and that supply will increase next week.
The Northside Independent School District is the largest district in the city and the fourth largest in the state. "I was educated in Northside schools, marched in the Taft band," said the Councilwoman. "This is a way to give back to the teachers who give so much and to the students who are on the same path as I was."
"We always appreciate when community leaders go above and beyond to support their neighborhood schools," said NISD Superintendent Dr. Brian Woods. "This donation will surely have a positive impact on Northside students."
The delivery is scheduled for Tuesday, September 7, at 1 p.m. at the NISD Student Services Building, 5651 Grissom Rd.
Latest on Txylo.com
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Aviat Introduces High Availability Routing Software
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Improving Appoints Kathy Henely as New Board Member
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Heart to Heart Hospice Receives Medalogix Muse Trailblazer Award for Adopting Machine Learning Technology
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- ACU continues to lead Texas universities in U.S. News student success categories
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Hurricane Nicholas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Beaumont Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Corpus Christi Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Houston Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts