SAN ANTONIO (September 19, 2019) – Today, Navistar International Corp., manufacturer of semi-trucks, construction trucks, school buses, and diesel engines for several automobile manufacturers announced Southside of San Antonio as its new $250 Million investment for production plant.
This advance manufacturing project includes the creation of 600 new, full-time jobs over the next 5 years. The fiscal impact of the proposed project is estimated to be a net positive of $29 million for the City, which derives from revenues over 16 years.
More on Txylo.com
- AT&T Selects Salesforce to Accelerate its Customer Experience Vision
- Michael Masor Honored With Acclaimed Invitation
- Texas: Office Of The Governor, George Strait Release COVID-19 PSA: "Write This Down, Take A Little Note"
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
"I'm excited to announce the commitment Navistar has made to bringing 600 jobs to our target industry in San Antonio, further demonstrating how companies continue to realize the opportunities and assets our Southside has to offer. This brings more jobs, more investment, more economic mobility opportunities for the Southside, San Antonio, Bexar County and the entire Region," Councilwoman Rebecca Viagran.
"The City, along with Bexar County, the State of Texas, CPS Energy, SAWS and the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation all stepped up to make this project happen. It is another example of Team San Antonio working together to secure jobs and investments for our entire community." said Viagran. "This demonstrates how the District is the economic engine of the City."
Pending incentive approvals, Navistar will break ground in 2019 and is anticipated to begin production within the next two years.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Provides Update On COVID-19 Surge Response In Amarillo
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Texas: Governor Abbott Requests U.S. Small Business Administration Declare Polk County A Disaster Area, Provide Disaster Loans
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce $3.6 Million To Connect Nursing Facility Residents And Families
- SEO411 Harnesses Technology to Solve Pandemic-Created Problems For Senior Citizens and Small Businesses
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- Anna Prakash-Ashton and Elaina Ashton Announce the Release of Have you seen a self-driving car?
- How to make furlough suck less
- Riverside Homebuilders Named to Biggest American Builders List
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- San Antonio: Metro Health Launches COVID-19 Community Survey
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- OnDemand Visit TeleMedicine Platform launched Tele dentistry Solution for dental care, consultation,
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Additional Services And Activities That Can Open Under Phase II
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- Polte and CoreKinect Launch Breakthrough End to End Supply Chain Tracking Solutions Powered by Mobile IoT