SAN ANTONIO (Oct. 17) — Today City Council voted to approve a $287,554.80 contract for improvements to Gilbert Garza Park as part of the 2017 Bond.
"Our neighbors in Culebra Park have struggled against crime and poverty for years," said Councilwoman Ana E. Sandoval. "To them, these park improvements will offer more than just additional shade on hot days—they offer a chance to establish a central gathering place where they can come together as a community. That's why I am proud to see this project moving forward."
More on Txylo.com
- Process Technology Wins Respected Fast Track 50 Award!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Three To State Board of Criminal Justice
- Governor Abbott Appoints Three To Texas Diabetes Council
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Metroplex Premier League Introduces New League Member F.C. Elite
"We're so glad to have something happening with this park," said Cynthia Ipina, Vice President of the Culebra Park Neighborhood Association. "We've a passionate group that's been working for years to improve our neighborhood and we're blessed to receive these improvements."
The project will include installation of a new pavilion for residents to enjoy the outdoors without burning and a new playground with amenities like safety surfacing, two benches, a shade canopy, security lighting, tables and benches, trash receptacles, and barbeque pits.
The City held public meetings in June 2018 and November 2018 to gather feedback for the project before determining which improvements to pursue.
Construction is anticipated to begin in November 2019 and estimated to be completed by April 2020.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Trial Lawyer Frank L. Branson Receives Texas Trial Lawyers Association's Lifetime Achievement Award
- Do you love to cook? Eat? master chef tuscan style home for sale
- ERI Co-Founder Kevin Dillon Shares Global E-Waste Insights at Electronics Reuse Conference
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Medary Presiding Judge Of Fifth Administrative Judicial Region
- Dr. Tristan Grimaldo, Adjunct Professor at TWU, Teaching Men's Urological Wellness
- Governor Abbott Reappoints Bickerstaff To Board For Lease Of Texas Parks And Wildlife Lands
- OpsVeda Announces Patent Award
- Ironside Human Resources selected for 2019 Dallas Small Business Excellence Award
- Care on Location Launches Acumentrics Powered Telemedicine Backpack
- Macadamian Recognized in Think Tank ConCeplus' Healthcare Movers 2019 Report on digital transformation in healthcare
- Architecture Roof Systems offers commercial, multifamily, and condominium roofing services in Austin
- It's Exciting—New Paranormal Podcast Show: Destiny Echoes
- Personal Injury Lawyer Austin DC Law Group
- San Antonio: District 2 Office to host Contractor & Developer Fair
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Workforce Development Grant In Dallas
- Mike Murphey Announces the Release of The Conman
- The ROCK Properties Team Buys Homes and gives Homeowners An Easy Way to Sell Houses In Central Texas
- Intiva Health Announces New General Counsel
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Hodge to Sulphur Regional Mobility Authority