SAN ANTONIO (June 13, 2019) — City Council approved a contract with Mac Wylie Golf Center for Golf Driving Range operations at O.P. Schnabel Park. Driving range operations are expected to begin as early as this fall.
"Over 200 residents attended the first community meeting we held to come up with a plan for this land—almost all of them wanting to see it used for golfing operations" said Councilwoman Sandoval. "Today, we're making good on their request."
Perhaps nobody is as thrilled about the news as Buddy Howard, member of the French Creek Village HOA. Howard is one of many who advocated for the return of golfing operations.
More on Txylo.com
- projekt202 Names Kevin Fisher as Dallas GM
- San Antonio IP Firm Secures Revolutionary Phase Change Material Patent
- Flying L Ranch Resort Sponsoring "Stars at Night Gala"
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
"We're really excited to see the driving range come back. My neighbor and I used to play golf there once or twice a week, so we were very disappointed when it went away," said Howard. "But to see the driving range come back—Lord knows we need it. We need to practice."
Golfing operations ceased when the Alamo Golf Club shut down in 2017. The land was then acquired by the City as part of the 2017 Bond Program to expand O. P. Schnabel Park.
The Parks and Recreation Department conducted extensive neighborhood engagement—including public meetings with hundreds of residents—to develop a concept plan for the land, in which the community expressed interest in continued golf driving range operations.
The agreement is for a three-year term through December 31, 2022 with an option for two one-year administrative renewal.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Soreide Law Group files a FINRA Arbitration for Florida Investors in GBP Automotive Portfolio, GPB Waste Management, GPB Holdings II & III
- Texas: State Leaders Send Letter To District And County Attorneys Regarding Hemp And Marijuana Possession Cases
- projekt202 Persona Work Highlighted by Forrester Research
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
- New - Very Easy Photo Editing Software For Everybody
- Siemens Healthineers Named Recipient of 2019 Cultural Vistas Corporate Leadership Award
- Etech Global Services to Speak at the Austin Contact Center Alliance Fall Symposium
- In The Spirit Entertainment Foundation Presents Stage Play: #wewoke
- Texas: Federal Disaster Declaration Granted Following Severe Weather In The Rio Grande Valley
- Dbvisit Announces Latest Release of Oracle Standard Edition Disaster Recovery Tool
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Houston's office market recovery hits a speed bump in Q2
- Artisan Noodle Restaurant TATSUKI Celebrates its Grand Opening in San Diego August 1st
- Accounting coach announces results of newly-launched accounting coaching program
- American Indian Tribe Demands Full Archeological Study Amidst Major Renovation of the Alamo
- Press Conference: American Indian Tribe Demands Full Archaeological Study of the Alamo
- Saum G To Release New Music album "Alternate Paths"
- Nystrom & Associates Celebrates 10,000 Patients Receiving Early Access with QueueDr
- San Antonio: City Manager Walsh announces executive staff appointments