SAN ANTONIO (June 13, 2019) — City Council approved a contract with Mac Wylie Golf Center for Golf Driving Range operations at O.P. Schnabel Park. Driving range operations are expected to begin as early as this fall.
"Over 200 residents attended the first community meeting we held to come up with a plan for this land—almost all of them wanting to see it used for golfing operations" said Councilwoman Sandoval. "Today, we're making good on their request."
Perhaps nobody is as thrilled about the news as Buddy Howard, member of the French Creek Village HOA. Howard is one of many who advocated for the return of golfing operations.
More on Txylo.com
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- New website offers comprehensive database for finding, managing local events
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
"We're really excited to see the driving range come back. My neighbor and I used to play golf there once or twice a week, so we were very disappointed when it went away," said Howard. "But to see the driving range come back—Lord knows we need it. We need to practice."
Golfing operations ceased when the Alamo Golf Club shut down in 2017. The land was then acquired by the City as part of the 2017 Bond Program to expand O. P. Schnabel Park.
The Parks and Recreation Department conducted extensive neighborhood engagement—including public meetings with hundreds of residents—to develop a concept plan for the land, in which the community expressed interest in continued golf driving range operations.
The agreement is for a three-year term through December 31, 2022 with an option for two one-year administrative renewal.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilman Treviño supports passage of the San Antonio Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan on the Passage of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan: "We owe it to ourselves, to each other, and to our children"
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Votes Against Adopting Climate Action & Adaption Plan
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg's statement on passage of climate plan
- San Antonio City Council adopts Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- TMG Consulting Announces New VP of Digital Innovation & Research
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- Monarch Butterflies and Ultra-Runners Coming Through San Antonio Raising Awareness of Epic Migratory Journey
- Diwali San Antonio Festival of Lights Celebrates San Antonio's Indian Community
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Vaping Illness in the United States
- Kingdom Christmas Lights Process
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- New Book - Cybersecurity: The Children's Guide to Being Safe Online
- Doctor Unveils the Path to Better 'Lifestyle and Longevity'
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Welcomes Promising Early Results of Cite and Release Policy