SAN ANTONIO (September 17, 2020) — City Council voted 9 to 2 to approve a funding proposal for the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program today.
"This program has been in search of a viable funding source since last fall," said Councilwoman Sandoval. "Today's proposal ends the uncertainty around the future of the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program."
"Residents overwhelmingly support protecting the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program. It would have been negligent of us to risk the future of the program by walking away from a solution in front of us. Today's vote was overdue as it is."
More on Txylo.com
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Three To Governor's Committee To Support The Military
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- First Command Reports Third Quarter 2020 Holdings for AMS Program and Banking Affiliate
Councilwoman Sandoval additionally called for an amendment to the City Charter that commits the City to funding the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program.
"There's a lot of concern that a future City Council could end this program and San Antonio voters would not be able to stop it. Although this plan includes safeguards, I would like to see a water security charter amendment that commits the council to protecting the aquifer."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Sports journalist Sierra Nicole wants to help 'sports shy' women navigate sports through #SportsBae
- Frisco Real Estate Agent Shortens Selling Timeline for Local Homeowners
- How CCTV Offers Business Owners Greater Confidence in Safety
- The City of Houston Announces Recommendations for Reopening Sanctuaries and Faith-Based Organizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- McKesson's Board of Directors Elects Linda Mantia as New Independent Director
- Spark Connected Announces New 300W Industrial Wireless Charging Solution Powered by AURIX™
- Kroh Exploration Acquires 18 Wellbores in North Texas!
- The Author Encounter is Hosting Indie Author Day Event
- SignOnSite is licensed by Trillium to provide a unique contactless worksite safety platform to help manage risk for complex construction projects
- Locked And Loaded Website Release
- City of San Antonio's Renters' Commission Survey Deadline Extended to October 31
- Fast House Buyers Offers the Easiest Home Selling Process in San Antonio
- Behavioral Health Group Expands to Nine Locations in Alabama with Acquisition of Recovery Treatment Centers in Huntsville and Stevenson
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $296 Million In Funding For Public Safety Initiatives In Texas
- San Antonio Public Library to hold Virtual Community Meeting
- World Renowned Hacker Starts Comic Company, Quickly Exceeds Kickstarter Goal
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- Global Real Estate Firm Harwood International Unveils Design Of Its Tallest Office Tower
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland