- San Antonio: District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan's Statement on Ongoing Vaccine Clinic at the Alamodome
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- "Ready To Love" Cast Member & Fitness Guru Tony Stubbs Releases New "7 Minute" Fitness Video
Monica Ramos, 210-3352742
SAN ANTONIO (Nov. 23, 2020) — County Judge Nelson Wolff and Mayor Ron Nirenberg today announced they are endorsing community leader and businessman Fernando Reyes to be VIA Metropolitan Transit Board chairman.
"Fernando brings a wealth of experience with him. His ability to work in public and private sectors and adapt to changing climates will undoubtedly suit him well as VIA Board chairman. His dedication to this community is impressive and I look forward to seeing great things from him and the board in the months to come," stated County Judge Wolff.
Mayor Nirenberg said, "Fernando Reyes has an impressive track record as a businessman and has long demonstrated his commitment to public service. Fernando is exceptionally well prepared to assume the VIA leadership role, and I am grateful for his willingness to serve."
More on Txylo.com
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- Parks Associates: 29% of US Broadband Households Are Very Likely to Purchase a Connected Health Product in the Next 12 Months, Including Wearables and Medical Devices
- The Antenna Company Announces Venture Debt Financing Agreement with Brabant Development Agency (BOM)
- ProPetro Announces Preliminary Selected Unaudited Financial Data for Fourth Quarter 2020 and Investments in Lower Emissions Technology
- Second Homebuyers' Investment at Cinnamon Shore Helps Transform the Texas Coast
While the VIA board selects the chair, the county judge and mayor traditionally forward their recommendation to the board members.
Outgoing VIA Chair Hope Andrade has been a dedicated leader of the transit agency. She has served more than five years as chair, including a second tenure in the position this year at Judge Wolff's and Mayor Nirenberg's request.
Under the term limits set by state law, Andrade's eligibility to serve on the board ends Nov. 30.
Reyes is chairman of Reyes Automotive Group II and Reyes AmTex Automotive, which are Tier One suppliers for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas Inc., and he has been involved in numerous other business ventures.
Before entering private business, Reyes worked in the federal government, including at the Department of Defense and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The San Antonio native also has served on the Harlandale Education Foundation, the Bexar County Community Arenas Board, the Texas Lottery Commission and the Texas Workers Compensation Insurance Fund Board.
VIA Board members, including the chair, are appointed for two-year terms.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Greater Killeen Housing Alliance Receives $700K for Public Housing Rehab
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
- Texas: Governor Abbott Hosts Roundtable Discussion, Provides COVID-19 Vaccine Update With Houston Healthcare Professionals
- Orbital Energy Group, Inc. Announces Closing Of $35 Million Registered Direct Offering Priced At-The-Market Under Nasdaq Rules
- Houston: Mayor Turner's Statement on Gov. Abbott's COVID-19 Roundtable Discussion
- Rachel Hailey and FyreSyde Publishing Announce the Release of Sins in Sunlight
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Tucson Mayor Regina Romero with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 34th Tribute to Mayors
- Nexstar Media's Cable Network, WGN America, Names Jonathan Killian Vice President, Creative Marketing and Brand Communications
- The UK's Leading Digital Marketing Agency, Finsbury Media Announces Employees Will Be Allowed To Work From Home:
- Wright's Media Announces New Collaboration with Wirecutter, A New York Times Company
- NMEA 2000 Development and Prototyping Boards for Marine Applications
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints DeLoach And Johnson To Advisory Council On Emergency Medical Services
- Alicia Sedgwick Announces the Release of Communicating Through Change
- Datagration™ Acquires Mosaic Petroleum Analytics to Expand the PetroVisor™ Platform
- ICTBroadast Version 4.1, Advance call center software for your needs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation® Announces Tender Offer And Consent Solicitation
- Mayor Turner Announces City of Houston's Participation in the National Memorial to Lives Lost to COVID-19
- NOV Provides Operational Update for the Fourth Quarter 2020
- KBR Selected as Technical Advisor for SK Hydrogen Development Project
- Exploration Success in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico