SAN ANTONIO (July 10, 2019) — Earlier today, H-E-B announced it would be launching a pilot program to test delivery service with self-driving vehicle, which will serve customers near the Olmos Park H-E-B in District 1. The pilot will feature one Autonomous Delivery Vehicle that can hold different orders of fresh, frozen, and dry groceries while traveling at city street and highway speeds. District 1 Councilman Roberto Treviño, who has advocated for the creation of more innovative pilot programs, provided the following statement:
More on Txylo.com
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- New website offers comprehensive database for finding, managing local events
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
"I applaud H-E-B for implementing a forward-thinking delivery service that will better serve customers, especially those who are mobility-impaired, while streamlining operations and reducing costs. Self-driving vehicles will be at the forefront of transportation in the foreseeable future, so it is exciting that District 1 residents will be among the first in Texas to test out this new service.
The Center City is the intersection where innovation meets the needs of a diverse community, which is why I requested District 1 be included in the Innovation Zones program last June. I look forward to the program and for other services inspired by this technology."
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilman Treviño supports passage of the San Antonio Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan on the Passage of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan: "We owe it to ourselves, to each other, and to our children"
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Votes Against Adopting Climate Action & Adaption Plan
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg's statement on passage of climate plan
- San Antonio City Council adopts Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- TMG Consulting Announces New VP of Digital Innovation & Research
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- Monarch Butterflies and Ultra-Runners Coming Through San Antonio Raising Awareness of Epic Migratory Journey
- Diwali San Antonio Festival of Lights Celebrates San Antonio's Indian Community
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Vaping Illness in the United States
- Kingdom Christmas Lights Process
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- New Book - Cybersecurity: The Children's Guide to Being Safe Online
- Doctor Unveils the Path to Better 'Lifestyle and Longevity'
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Welcomes Promising Early Results of Cite and Release Policy