- Nano-technology alliance of Supreme Pharmatech and Professor M.R.Mozafari, a global nano technology expert
- Enterprise 2020 K-1 Tax Packages Now Available
- Chevron Invests in Geothermal Development Company
SAN ANTONIO (January 15, 2021) - District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan provided the following statement regarding the City's ongoing mass COVID-19 vaccine distribution site at the Alamodome.
"We want to thank Metro Health for stepping up in seeing that the Alamodome is not just a site for food distribution but rather as an asset that we can provide to our community, such as for the much needed distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine," stated Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan, "We know that the city of San Antonio is still suffering and we want the people to know that we are here with you, we are here to make sure that you are protected and that is what this distribution will do for our community so we ask that you remain calm, and that you allow us the opportunity to provide you with these resources. Please note that once you register online or by calling 311, not everyone will be addressed immediately as we are doing everything we can within our power and with the resources in which we are given to make sure that everyone who wishes to receive the COVID-19 vaccine has an opportunity, so please remain calm, and patient with all the frontline heroes."
More on Txylo.com
- Nadula Hair Super Member's Day-Unbelievable Lower Price
- Riveron Appoints Julie Howard As New Chief Executive Officer
- Stronger Women Announces New Executive Director
- Steel Curtain U Partners With Mainline to Create Div. II, NAIA-Focused, Collegiate Entity, Launch Esports™
- Houston: Mayor Turner Partners with Ismaili Council for Food and Water Distribution
"This is valued news for our City of San Antonio, so we must remain safe by wearing mask and continue to practice safety precautions, that is how we are going to beat this virus and together is how we get through this pandemic. We cannot afford to have the progress we have made to be diminished and we must do this in an effective and orderly fashion. Thank you to the City of San Antonio and State of Texas Bexar County Commissioners Court, our fire chief, police chief, Metro Health and all frontline workers for helping to make strides for our community's safety," continued Councilwoman Andrews-Sullivan.
The Alamodome vaccine site is operated by San Antonio Metro Health in partnership with the San Antonio Fire Department. At this time, per state guidelines, only people eligible under Phase 1A and 1B will be able to receive the vaccine. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 311; option 8 or visiting covid19.sanantonio.gov/vaccine.
Who can get the vaccine?
According to state and federal guidelines, those currently eligible to receive the vaccine include healthcare workers, residents of long-term care facilities, anyone over age 65, and anyone 18-years or older with a chronic medical condition. Chronic medical conditions include cancer, kidney disease, COPD, heart conditions, solid organ transplant recipients, obesity, pregnancy, sickle cell disease, and type two diabetes.
Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Latest on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Cabello Havrda Celebrates the Legacy of Dora Jordan
- San Antonio: Salado Creek Hike and Bike Trail expansion on Southside moves forward
- State Leadership Announces Funding For Texas School Systems To Support In-Person Instruction
- Earthstone Energy, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter 2020 Conference Call for Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern
- Mayor Turner Signs Executive Order to Include LGBT BusinessesCity of Houston First in Texas to Create Initiative
- Adare Biome™ Enters North American Distribution Through Stratum Nutrition® for LBiome™ Postbiotic
- City of San Antonio and SAWS announce the closure of bottled and bulk water distribution sites
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Cabello Havrda Lauds Appointment of Fourteen Municipal Court Judges
- ConvergeOne and Evolve IP Enter Strategic Hospitality Partnership
- Texas: Governor Abbott Names Chair and Appoints Three to Upper Colorado River Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Herrington to Upper Neches River Municipal Water Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Glass and Hollingsworth to Sulphur River Basin Board of Directors
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport Celebrates Topping Off - Tucson's Newest Extended-Stay Hotel
- Truthset and the ANA AIMM Release First of its Kind Multicultural Online Data Benchmarks
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Designation For The City Of Lubbock
- SureCloud to Support Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island with Governance, Risk and Compliance Solution
- Dallas Firm Hosts First Annual Rookie Symposium & Showcase
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case