- Light the Way Summit Welcomes Virtual Reality Human Trafficking Education Company
- STAY BUNGALOW ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL DEBUT
- Texas: Governor Abbott Ensures State Agencies Continue Providing Resources, Long-Term Support To Uvalde Community
SAN ANTONIO (January 13, 2022) — Today, City Council moved forward with approving an ordinance authorizing CPS Energy to establish a Regulatory Asset for its 2021 Winter Weather fuel costs and approving an increase of 3.85 percent to the CPS Energy Electric and Gas Base Rates, Tariff Amendments to implement the rate adjustments; and amendments to the Affordability Discount Program for Qualifying Low-Income Customers.
"It is important that we recognized there has not been a rate increase in 8 years; previous City Council members had an opportunity to start working with CPS to anticipate and adjust for future rates, which leads us to today's decision. San Antonio is not immune to a rate increase, in fact far from it, our rate payers need to understand that our city is experiencing one of the fastest population growths in the nation, along with an aging infrastructure, and inclement weather that is becoming more frequent and intense that lay bare our vulnerabilities with our municipally owned electric utility. Taking up a rate adjustment is a tough conversation to have, as we navigate through this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but we cannot continue to ignore the immediate need for upgrades in infrastructure, and technology to meet the demand of our current energy needs." said Councilwoman Viagran. "We now have an opportunity to raise the bar, improve communication and outreach to our rate payers, as well as the performance of senior leadership within CPS Energy, CPS Management and Board of Trustees, and the Rate Advisory Committee (RAC) by creating an effective action plan which is critical to the success in creating a more inclusive culture of diversity within CPS that is reflective of all San Antonio."
More on Txylo.com
- In2Scuba Diving Co. of Maui introduces its exclusive beginner scuba diving lessons
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Bickerstaff And Lunceford To Boards For Lease
- Daikin Comfort Technologies to Build $230 Million Manufacturing Facility in Mexico
- Always Ontime: Chaos City - Super Hero Graphic Novel with Neal Adams Cover Launches from Panopolis Metaverse
- Pro-Life And Pro-Love: Daystar Teams Up To Make Abortion Alternatives Accessible
It is our duty as elected officials that we continue to represent our districts, along with the City of San Antonio's rate payers with taking up these tough decisions, but rest assure that I am committed to providing more utility assistance from ARPA, especially for our seniors and low-income residents. I understand there is a struggle, and as an elected official I am always mindful for residents in crisis and look to explore additional cost savings to low-income customers enrolled in Adjustments to the Affordability Discount Program (ADP). As stated on the dais, I will be seeking the RAC appointment to bring transparency, and a to advise on a rate structure and design.
Latest on Txylo.com
- 300+/- Acres of Light Industrial Land Available in Sinton, TX
- Audubon Appoints Ahad Esmaeilian to Vice President of Clean Energy
- Resound Networks and Globtel Holding Successfully Perform Fixed Wireless Access Test With 1 Gbps Downlink And 500 Mbps Uplink Throughput at 7 Miles
- For Quality Oil Rig Parts and Equipment Contact Triumph International
- Health Advisory: Protecting Yourself and Others from Monkeypox
- Contango ORE Announces Board Change and Operational Updates
- RC Mowers anticipates rapid growth with slate of new hires
- Kindle FREE June 28-29: Powerful new memoir from Santa Molina-Marshall poised to help heal abuse victims through inspiring storytelling
- GoodLoan.io announces new program to unlock up to $500,000 for Home Equity Investment
- Enterprise Clarifies Media Reports Regarding Proposed Ethylene Cracker
- Beck Properties Group Hires Professional Marketing Team
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces 2022 Barbara Jordan Media Award Winners
- FAN EXPO Dallas Celebrated All Things Fandom at Kay Bailey Convention Center
- Charles Schwab Discloses Results of the Federal Reserve's 2022 Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review
- Cosplay Universe" Documentary to Premiere at Anime Expo & in Theaters this Summer
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Letter To President Biden On EPA Plan That Threatens Oil And Gas Production In Permian Basin
- Kano Laboratories, Makers of Kroil, Announces Refreshed Branding for Extended Line of Industrial Product Solutions
- Michael Baker International Announces New Leadership Roles in Southern Region
- Reliant and the Astros Foundation Launch "Slide Into Summer Reading"
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Finance Commission Of Texas