San Antonio Film Commission Launches Annual #FilmSA Competition
- Governor Abbott Appoints Landi To Texas Emergency Services Retirement System Board Of Trustees
- MyyShop Makes Waves at SXSW with Social Commerce Empowerment Plans for Content Creators
- Houston: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Awards $52,150 to Digitally Innovative Arts and Cultural Works
John Quiroz, World Heritage Office
SAN ANTONIO (January 23, 2023) - The San Antonio Film Commission, a division of the City of San Antonio's Department of Arts and Culture, announced today the launch of its annual #FilmSA Contest. The 2023 #FilmSA Contest is a film competition coordinated by the San Antonio Film Commission that is devoted to telling the story of the people, places, and shared experiences that make San Antonio a vibrant and celebrated city for visitors, residents, and filmmakers. The contest's purpose is to inspire youth to explore the art and craft of filmmaking while expanding their knowledge of and appreciation for San Antonio.
The deadline for submissions is April 3, 2023, at 4 p.m. CT. A prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the highest-scoring entry in each category for the following age groups: 14 – 17 and 18 – 21. Each winning film will be screened publicly at an Awards Ceremony held at Mission Marquee Plaza on May 6, 2023.
"San Antonio continues to be recognized as top film-friendly city not only because of the professional projects created here, but also because of how we foster youth and support the filmmakers and content creators of tomorrow," said Department of Arts & Culture Executive Director Krystal Jones. "This contest provides an outlet for young, aspiring filmmakers to contribute to San Antonio's rich film scene using their voice while learning key life skills that come along with film productions like critical thinking, decision-making and collaboration."
More on Txylo.com
- SkillGigs, Inc. Announces Hire of Rasha Sammour as Human Resources Director
- Love & Drugs 3 Releases Globally
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CourMed Founder/CEO Derrick L. Miles Featured in CNBC Viral Article on Private Aviation
- 10-4Gear.com Launches New Collection of US Border Patrol and Police Coins
Hosted in collaboration with the City of San Antonio's World Heritage Office and in partnership with the City of San Antonio's Parks & Recreation Department, 2023 #FilmSA Contest applicants may enter films in one of two categories: "Heritage and Quality of Life" or "City Parks of San Antonio."
Heritage and Quality of Life: San Antonio's five Spanish colonial missions (Missions San Jose, San Juan, Concepcion, Espada and the world-renowned Alamo) were declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site in 2015. The Missions now represent the only World Heritage site in Texas and one of just 24 in the United States. As a result of this international designation, there has been increased visitation and investment in the area around the missions. The City of San Antonio's World Heritage Office was established to implement a work plan, guided by community input, to leverage the designation as a catalyst for socio-economic change, while remaining authentic to our heritage. This year's theme invites filmmakers to showcase their vision of the heritage that our historic city offers to its inhabitants – specifically exploring what can be done to sustain and further improve the quality of life for San Antonio residents.
The selected entries in this category will not only win cash prizes but will also be automatically entered into the Organization of World Heritage Cities' (OWHC) 7th Annual International Video Production Competition.
More on Txylo.com
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- Vincenzo Sannipoli Announces the Release of Sulla vetta del tubo
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
"This contest is not only an opportunity to showcase our talented young creatives internationally, but also shares a glimpse of how San Antonio's local living heritage adds to our quality of life," said World Heritage Office Director Colleen Swain. "Through the lens of our youth, we gain a unique insight into the next generation's priorities and vision for the future."
City Parks of San Antonio: San Antonio is home to more than 250 City Parks including swimming pools, gymnasiums, historic cemeteries, sports facilities, and recreation centers, with more than 16,000 acres of green space and 140+ miles of trails. There is so much to know and love about San Antonio's outdoor spaces. Accessing nature doesn't have to be a grand adventure to a far-away place. Nature is all around us and our City Parks in San Antonio bring individuals, families, and communities together. This #FilmSA Contest category encourages San Antonio youth filmmakers to use the power of filmmaking to highlight and showcase the benefit to having access to nature and the value of City of San Antonio Parks.
Each category topic is divided into two age groups: 14 - 17 years old and 18 - 21 years old. Applicants must be San Antonio residents. Detailed rules and guidelines on how to enter the 2023 #FilmSA Contest can be found at FilmSanAntonio.com.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Appoints Alvis, Meade To Texas Transportation Commission
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Bolduc As Public Counsel For The Office Of Public Insurance Counsel
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Mach To Public Safety Commission
- EvereTech CEO discussed the importance of people on Episode #96 on the DoD Contract Academy Podcast
- Governor Abbott Boosts Support For Education Freedom At Parent Empowerment Day At Texas Capitol
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Kajeet's Michael Flood named as CoSN2023 Impact 30 Award Winner
- Braniff Airways Flying Into New Licensing Partnerships
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Workshop In Lubbock
- Cynthia Hilston Announces the Release of The Rock at the Bottom
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- The Greater Houston Port Bureau Announces New President
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Supply chain industry veterans Reid Klosowsky and Bill Maroney launch Freight Think, a transportation advisory group, in partnership with NT Logistics, to help shippers reduce freight expense, increase profitability, and support environmental goals
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer
- Mallinckrodt to Present New Retrospective Data on Effect of Acthar® Gel (Repository Corticotropin Injection) to Reduce Corticosteroid Use and Burden for Advanced Sarcoidosis at the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) 2023 Annual Meeting
- Century Supply Chain Solutions Leverages the Slync Platform to Streamline Origin Logistics and Drive Operational Efficiency